The Information Technology team at OSF is comprised of 45 members, who are located in the NY, DC, London and Budapest offices, but operate and support the global organization.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for coordination and management of all aspects of assigned high priority project implementations and software rollouts according to organizational needs and priorities.
The post holder is responsible for the overall planning, management and completion of IT projects encompassing a wide variety of business units, programs and external vendors. This individual works independently with customers to develop project scope of work documents and project plans. This individual is responsible for establishing project management methods to manage project roles, managing the budget, identify resource requirements, meet training needs, define project deliverables, and provide customer satisfaction and reporting structures to ensure project goals are met. This individual also identifies the technical approach to be used on a given project and manages the timeline for the software development or integration process. In this position, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for understanding the overall IT vision, and influencing design decisions that bring improvements to the overall IT ecosystem. The Senior Project Manager builds effective communications and relationships between customers and project team and ensures that these are maintained throughout the lifecycle of the project. This work is carried out with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. OSI may add, change, or remove essential and other duties at any time.
- IT system developments and/or enhancements.
- Works with appropriate customers to identify the roles of project team members, project reporting structures and any training requirements that may be needed for a team to complete a project.
- Works with appropriate customers to develop project scope of work documents and project plans that include an analysis of cost, work schedule and any related risks.
- Organizes and conducts steering committee and project team meetings.
- Maintains effective communication and working relationships with customers and project team members.
- Assigns, schedules, reviews, and monitors project work to ensure that progress is within expected guidelines and is completed on time and within budget.
- Supports and is accountable to other project team members.
- Ensures that project activities are consistent with the project objectives and that objectives can be met with available resources.
- Helps define the responsibilities of parties involved in the project including customers, senior management, IT management, project team, vendors and other stakeholders.
- Identifies, tracks, monitors and communicates project-related issues, scope changes and other issues that may arise during the implementation of projects. Facilitates fair solutions with the appropriate stakeholders to move project forward.
- Works optimally with a global team in effectively coordinating the team’s identification of the technical approach to be used on a project and coordinates with relevant resources to manage business process reviews, technical design, software development, integration and testing of system and/or applications.
- Maintains oversight of multiple project streams to identify conflicts, standardize project reporting, and maintain positive traction.
- Fosters collaboration and knowledge sharing within project teams and across the organization.
- Assists in developing requests for proposals, evaluates responses, and participates in IT system selection teams.
- Prepares and presents oral and/or written reports and project presentations to senior management, stakeholders and other groups as appropriate.
- Manages escalation of support tickets to colleagues and outside consultants.
- Manages overall IT Applications Budget.
- Pursue special projects as assigned or initiated.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of database concepts, data management and data governance initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant qualification and minimum of five to seven years of relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of all phases of software development.
- Experience with cloud-based applications and technical integrations.
- Comfortable representing organization with variety of audiences including partner organizations, consultants and vendors.
- Attention to detail, ability to anticipate and identify problems with solutions
- Good judgment, resourcefulness and problem-solving skills.
- Experience managing staff and project teams.
- Experience in managing complex implementations.
- Experience with issue management and resolution.
- Experience managing a portfolio of global projects
- Experience with managing a department’s global budget
- Experience in an information technology or senior business analyst capacity.
- Experience with Salesforce, NetSuite, Adaptive Planning, Workday and or relevant comparable cloud tools.
- Experience in managing vendors both on and off shore.
- Experience in nonprofit or foundation sectors.
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, managing projects through to completion, on time and within budget.
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office and experience with internet research and database management.
- Listening and communication skills with sensitivity to cultural communication differences.
- Effectively work as a team member and independently, with a high-level of self-motivation and ability to set and meet goals.
- Show discretion and ability to handle confidential issues.
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently, with experience in projects involving both agile and waterfall approaches.
- Pleasant, diplomatic manner and disposition in interacting with colleagues and the general public.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable accommodations so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfil the essential functions of the job.