Your tasks and responsibilities
- Strategic and thematic steering of programs and projects, together with country directors
- Project and program cycle management, including planning, budgeting, monitoring, reporting, log-frame development and project document compilation
- Proposal writing, institutional fundraising, key donor liaison
- Knowledge management, documentation and operational research
- National, international and internal networking
- HR and financial management and administration incl. recruitment, in cooperation with the SolidarMed administration unit.
- Regular program-related international travel (approximately 3 weeks per year)
An attractive benefit package commensurate with Swiss standards. Flexible working times, a stimulating environment and flat hierarchies. Our team combines a great mix of ambition, dedication, experience and expertise drawn from a range of backgrounds including health, development, research, business and charity. We encourage professional development and offer access to national and international competence networks.
To best fit into our team, you have the following qualifications:
- Development professional with project management experience
- Expertise in public health. Experience in HIV, malaria, MNCH or research is an asset.
- 2 years work experience in Africa or more
- Masters-level or higher
- Successful acquisition of institutional funding/mandates in the past
- High motivational and team-leading skills
- Fluency in English and German. Very good writing skills in both languages
- Hands-on, pro-active, able to develop initiatives
- Swiss or EU National; work permit Switzerland
Qualified candidates are passionate, results-oriented team players with relevant experience and expertise, strong management and leadership skills and a proven ability to deliver in a fast-paced international environment.
- Send your CV, a short cover letter and copies of your qualifications to email@example.com with “Health Program Manager Zambia and Lesotho” as reference in the subject line of your email.
- Please note that SolidarMed only accepts electronic applications and will only contact shortlisted candidates
- Deadline for applications: 24th of Mai 2018.
- Starting date: As soon as possible, flexible
For further details, please contact Jochen Ehmer at SolidarMed at +41 - 41 310 66 60
We look forward to receiving your application!