Highlight Technologies is looking for a strategic thinking Communications Specialist to directly support USAID’s Bureau for Policy, Planning, and Learning (PPL). PPL shapes USAID’s international development policy and programming guidance that encourages USAID to employ a variety of approaches in support of country self-reliance. PPL also facilitates Agency and interagency collaboration and influences global development policy and practice through engagement with bilateral and multilateral organizations and other development partners. As a member of Communications Team, the position will be responsible for supporting PPL’s Communication Strategy, which includes:
- Identify, develop, and execute internal and external outreach opportunities that support PPL objectives
- Write bureau communications documents.
- Conceptualize, research, design, write and edit factsheets, speeches, newsletters, and other documents in support of PPL communications strategy and messaging.
- Work with USAID’s Legislative and Public Affairs (LPA) press office and LPA events coordinator on PPL related events, including managing event logistics.
- Manage content on and submissions to PPL’s external and internal website and social media pages in collaboration with PPL staff. This includes staying current on trends in social media and most effective ways to use existing platforms.
- Be current on USAID programs and trends and priorities in international development; shares relevant information with PPL Bureau.
- U.S. Citizen, with current Secret clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to communications, journalism, international development, international relations, public administration, legislative affairs,etc. Masters Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in communications, international development, or public policy.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team. Must be able to plan, organize, and use time effectively.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work within tight deadlines.
- Excellent research, analytical, organizational, and communications skills essential.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite, Drupal web content management, and social media platforms (Hootsuite, Twitter).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org