We are seeing a Finance Assistant to join our Accounting Department in London on a 9 month fixed-term contract. The four member London accounting team forms part of a global accounting department run from offices in the US and Europe. We are responsible for accounting, payments and cash flow management.
The purpose of the position is to to provide accounting and administrative support to the Finance team. The Finance Assistant will be accountable to the Finance and Operations Director and take instruction from the Management Accountant and Assistant Accountant. This role is full time. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. OSF may add, change, or remove essential and other duties at any time.
- Set invoices to paid status in NetSuite
- Enter payment requests and invoices into NetSuite
- Approve payment requests & invoices in NetSuite, checking that all relevant backing documents are attached.
- Recoding of invoices
- Deal with payment queries and follow up missing documents
- Set up and amend vendor records in NetSuite and Contract Access
- Create journals for bank charges in NetSuite
- Review and approve expense reports in NetSuite
- File financial documents and assist with other ad hoc duties as and when needed
- Bank Reconciliation
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy in data capture
- GCSEs in Math’s and English C or above or education/experience
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working independently and to deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Good computer skills required (MS Office)
W e are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.