Girls on the Run International is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. Over 210 Councils in 50 states serve 200,000+ girls a year, and engage over 100,000 volunteers.
Girls on the Run believes that all girls and communities should have access to our programs. We strive to eliminate barriers to participation, to create programming that engages all communities, to be intentional about staff and volunteer diversity and to promote an organization-wide culture of inclusion.
Reporting directly to the Senior VP, Council Development and consistent with the mission of Girls on the Run International, the Director, Council Development will develop and execute strategies to increase the sustainability of our councils and organization located in the Western half of the U.S. These strategies will:
- Support 42 councils with revenue of $7M in building sustainable organizations and increasing girls served
- Assist councils in furthering access, inclusion and reach
- Support council expansions and council-initiated mergers
- Alongside the Sr. VP, Council Development, manage four subsidiary councils (including the onboarding of 2 start ups) to ensure they meet or exceed goals
- Build a culture of quality, inclusivity and diversity among the subsidiaries and their stakeholders
- Provide leadership and direction to Executive Directors including budget support and development, board development, strategic planning, goal setting and employee management
- Provide direction and support with fund development initiatives
- Work alongside subsidiary board chairs to supervise and evaluate Executive Directors, build board support for initiatives and steward board members
- Collaborate with the Senior VP, Council Development in development of subsidiary pipeline in Western U.S., with an emphasis on California
- Build community support and increase brand awareness in areas of strategic emphasis for HQ among councils in the Western half of the U.S. (to include CA, AZ, TX, NM, OR, WA, ID, UT, CO, WY and MT).
- Provide leadership, vision, and direction to independent and affiliate council directors and boards in the western region as they build and develop their councils
- Support council to council connection meetings among local/state wide councils.
- Support councils with strategies that increase sustainability including expansions, staffing structures, board development, fund development, and council structure.
- Provide guidance to ensure sustainable program quality with an emphasis on diversity and inclusion
- Resolve conflicts among key stakeholders when needed
- Support council mergers and expansions in key markets as needed
- Assist councils with compliance issues and crisis management situations
- Serve as a role model for Girls on the Run, embodying its core values and embracing its mission and vision
- Develop positive relationships with volunteers, board members, community and staff
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, advanced degree preferred
- Experience in multi-site operational management, managing projects, programs, or services a plus
- Experience working with and successfully engaging Board of Directors
- Experience in supervising, evaluating, and coaching upper management staff
- Experience in developing, analyzing, and managing budgets greater than $300,000
- Understanding of financial systems
- Ability to use data to assess business challenges and opportunities
- Demonstrated experience actively facilitating collaboration with diverse organizations that encourages communication, transparency and trust
- Experienced fund-raiser who can advise on fund development strategies
- Ability to adapt and willingness to embrace and lead change
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing initiatives for greatest impact
- Strong fundraising and/or sales skills
- Strong relationship builder
- Quick learner and ability to adapt
- Strong finance and marketing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to motivate others, foster teamwork, maintain self-motivation, and emphasize organizational astuteness
- Strong group facilitation and presentation skills
- Organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, data management systems
- Personal passion for the mission of Girls on the Run
- Up to 35% travel within the continental U.S. (Note: trips can be up to 1 week in length)
- Passion for empowering girls to reach their limitless potential!
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org