Based in Vilnius Lithuania, EIGE is a regulatory agency of the European Union (EU) entrusted with specific objectives envisaged to contribute to, and strengthen the promotion of gender equality.
The Institute collects and analyses comparable and reliable information at EU level and develops appropriate methodological tools for the integration of gender equality into all EU policies. It fosters the exchange of good practices and dialogue between stakeholders and raises awareness on gender equality. It also provides technical assistance to EU institutions, in particular the European Commission and the authorities of the Member States.
In the course of its work to promote and strengthen gender equality, EIGE supports policy- makers with high quality research and comparable data relevant to their work.
Reporting to the Head of Knowledge Management and Communications and working in close cooperation with other colleagues in the Institute, the jobholder contributes to ensuring that EIGE’s work gives value to policy-makers and creates interest among new audiences. Targeted communications are an integral part of all EIGE’s projects and the jobholder will have an important role in processing knowledge produced by the Institute, presenting it in innovative and user friendly formats and with fit-for-purpose tools.
The jobholder will be involved in the following tasks:
- Writing engaging content for EIGE’s communication tools, such as targeted publications, the newsletter, press releases and audio-visual products.
- Organising media activities (e.g. briefings, press conferences, interviews) on the Institute’s work.
- Establishing and maintaining contacts with the main media outlets in the EU.
- Developing and maintaining the visual identity of EIGE’s communications products.
- Presenting EIGE’s work to external audiences.
- Contributing to a positive working environment by enhanced internal communications.
- Performing any other tasks assigned by EIGE’s management.
To be considered eligible for selection, an applicant must have met by the closing date of this call, the following formal requirements:
- completed a university degree;
- nationality of an EU Member State;
- a good command, both spoken and written, of at least two official EU languages;
- entitlement to full rights as a citizen;
- fulfilled any obligations imposed by national laws concerning military service;
- be physically fit to perform duties linked to the post.
- A minimum of three years of proven work experience following the award of the degree, relevant to tasks as defined under section 2 above;
- A good understanding of gender equality and the related policies;
- Excellent writing skills and a proven track record of journalistic writing;
- Ability to turn complex scientific reports into engaging and easy-to-understand messages;
- Excellent oral presentation skills and ability to adjust messages according to the target audience and communication tool;
- Ability to identify visual solutions for presenting research findings;
- Experience of managing media relations;
- Excellent interpersonal, organisation and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to manage priorities, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Previous professional experience in an international organisation;
- Familiarity of the use of modern communication tools.
The selection procedure includes the following steps:
- Only duly completed applications submitted electronically within the deadline will be taken into consideration.
- Each duly completed application will be examined with a view to establishing that the candidate meets all eligibility criteria.
- Eligible applications will be evaluated by the appointed Selection Committee based on selection criteria defined in this vacancy notice. Depending on the number of applications received, the Selection Committee may apply stricter requirements within the selection criteria noted above.
- The best-admissible candidates will be short-listed for interview.
- Interviews and written tests will be in English.
- During the interview, the Selection Committee will examine the candidates' profiles and assess their relevancy for the post in question. On the day of the interview, candidates may also be required to undergo a competency assessment exercise.
- On the day of interview, candidates will be requested to present originals and copies of documents detailing citizenship in particular a copy of identity card, passport or other official document specifying citizenship.
- If at any stage of the procedure, it is established that information in the application has been knowingly falsified, the candidate shall be disqualified from the selection process.
- Successful candidates will be included in a reserve list which will be valid for 12 months. The validity of this list may be extended. Each candidate will be informed by letter whether or not s/he has been placed on the reserve list. However, inclusion of candidates on the reserve list does not guarantee recruitment.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org