The National Project Officer will be under the direct supervision of the Project Cell Coordinator and will report directly to him.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- To assist in project planning and development and support the implementation of the Mission’s projects, in relation to Somali institutions/organizations and other international partners;
- To frequently visit the headquarters of Somali institutions, partners in/beneficiary of the projects, and work together with/support the national project teams in order to advance the project activities;
- To assess project proposals within Somalia specific legal and socio-economic environment and make recommendations on the feasibility and sustainability of projects;
- To support and, when needed, provide advice to project leaders (within the Mission’s operational components) in preparing English/Somali versions of project documents such as project proposals, project budgets, notes of understanding, project agreements, etc.;
- To support and facilitate organization/participation of Somali delegations to workshops, conferences, official events abroad;
- To provide advice or written analysis in order to ensure that project proposals are in line with the Mission’s programmes and are properly coordinated within the Mission and with Somali stakeholders;
- To facilitate the communication on projects both internally (project leaders – elements of Mission Support) and externally (project leaders – external stakeholders);
- To maintain a records of the project activities and prepare briefs and updates on project progress for partner Somali institutions;
- To support, upon project completion, post-project reporting and evaluation, as well as compiling in English/Somali evaluation reports for internal and external stakeholders;
- To support, mainly within partner Somali institutions, mentoring on project/grant management, the development of best practices on project management, provision of training recommendations and facilitate arrangements for recording lessons identified/learnt;
- To receive, review, analyse, assign, process and track certified requisitions submitted for procurement action;
- To liaise with the Mission’s international partners in close coordination with the Mission’s Coordination and Cooperation capability;
- To travel to EUCAP Field Offices (Hargeisa, Garowe), other locations in Somalia, EUCAP Nairobi back office, as well as to other locations abroad in order to provide support for project activities and facilitation for Somali official delegations;
- To undertake any other job related tasks as requested by the Line Managers.
- Successful completion of university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma (undergraduate level).
- The qualification should be in any of the fields of Social Sciences (e.g. Political Science, International Relations, Law, Economics) OR Business Administration/Management
- After having fulfilled the education requirements, a minimum of 3 years of professional experience, in any of the following fields (one field or combined): public administration, international development, humanitarian aid, project management, contract management, business development, international/commercial relations, sector security reform
- Excellent level of written and spoken English and Somali is a requirement;
- Excellent knowledge and experience of MS Office Suite Package.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to work remotely, when needed, self-organize and deliver high quality results;
- Teamwork oriented;
- Time management and problem solving skills;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong sense of confidentiality and discretion;
- Punctuality, reliability.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Postgraduate certificate/diploma or Master degree in Social Sciences (e.g. Political Science, International Relations, Law, Economics), Business Administration/Management or any other area if the transcript/curriculum includes a dedicated course/module on project management with the minimal duration of 1 semester;
- International experience, particularly in crisis areas with multinational and/or international organizations;
- Project management training (academic/vocational/online) or professional experience with project management methodologies, such as APM – PFQ or PMQ / PMI – CAPM or PMP / IPMA / PRINCE2, or similar proprietary/organizational project management frameworks.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to perform/complete in an expedited manner international travel arrangements/ procedures (multiple citizenships or permanent residency allowing visa free/expedited travel highly desirable).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org