The Open Society Foundations' United States Programs (USP) currently seek a Program Administrative Specialist (PAS). U.S. Programs supports efforts to advance equality, fairness, and justice with a focus on the most vulnerable and marginalized communities and the most significant threats to open society in the United States today. It works to further a vibrant democratic society in which all people can meaningfully participate in its civic, economic, and political life and to ensure that the core institutions of civil society are effective and accountable to the public.Job Profile
We are looking for a Program Administrative Specialist to perform high-level operational and administrative duties that will facilitate the effective and efficient operations in US Programs. The successful candidate will be a dynamic team player with a passion for operational efficiency in a complex organization. This is an administrative and operational role. This role relies on maintaining collegial relationships with the units in US Programs, fostering the organizational culture, as well as encouraging clear communications and respectful collegiality.
The Program Administrative Specialist role will include any or all of the following and/or similar activities:
- Assisting in complex event planning and logistics, managing related travel, vendor and participant budgets and reimbursements;
- Providing advanced administrative support for operations activities and/or other program functions.
- Liaising with vendors and consultants, and assisting with compliance and procurement processes, managing associated contracts and payments.
- Assisting with processing payments and ensuring efficient flow of grants processing, payments, reporting and other similar information.
- Conducting research and synthesizing large amounts of data/information to be used in decision-making, strategy development, and evaluation of programs.
- Act as point person to address and direct budget and other administrative questions
- Process bill payments for assigned programs, e.g., American express payments for senior staff, consultant payments, and PRS payments;
- Coordinate travel arrangements for senior staff and meeting participants; process online travel authorizations, working with OSF's travel agency;
- Managing the USP calendar and arranging operations team meetings.
- Staying abreast of relevant policies and compliance requirements and assist staff with understanding, operationalizing, and adhering to relevant policies and guidelines.
- Ad-hoc responsibilities: May occasionally be involved in conducting basic research; reviewing grantee updates.
- Three plus years of work experience in a situation relevant to the duties of this role, sufficient to develop demonstrable competence in skills as indicated above
- Creative problem-solver able to navigate complex systems and networks
- Proven experience handling administrative and operational duties
- Proficiency in managing data in a complex environment is critical and proficiency in using data management and visualization platforms and databases (e.g. Salesforce, NetSuite, Foundation Maps, Concur, etc.)
- Demonstrated high proficiency with office technology and IT solutions used by OSF, including the Microsoft Office suite. Must be comfortable learning new proprietary software systems.
- Proven ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment; to troubleshoot and follow projects through to completion, consistently on schedule, without loss of attention to detail and budget.
- Previous experience in data management, evaluation, and/or organizational learning preferred.
- Superior ability to work with and value contributions from diverse populations
- High level of self-motivation and at ease working independently when necessary
- Integrity-focused work ethic that values the inherent worth and dignity of others
- Excellent written and spoken communication.
Please include a cover letter and resume, and upload as one document when submitting an application.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfil the essential functions of the job.