USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) is seeking a part-time Communications Assistant to support the office’s Outreach and Strategic Engagement Team. The candidate can expect to have a substantive and rewarding experience as a fully integrated member of this dynamic and fast-paced office. The position is maximum 30 hours per week and located at OTI’s Washington, D.C. headquarters.
OTI was created in 1994 as a distinct operating unit within USAID, designed to help local partners advance peace and democracy in politically-transitioning countries. In support of U.S. foreign policy, OTI seizes emerging windows of opportunity in the political landscape to promote stability, peace, and democracy by catalyzing local initiatives through adaptive and agile programming. For more information about OTI please see this website.
As a member of the Outreach and Strategic Engagement team, the Communications Assistant will execute a wide variety of communications tasks in support of the team and the broader OTI office.
- Contribute to and copy edit OTI country fact sheets, success stories, infographics, and other materials;
- Help manage the OTI website and social media portfolio, including drafting of Facebook and Twitter posts;
- Coordinate with OTI graphic designers to develop infographics and other products;
- Assist in the design and delivery of staff training on communications-relatedtopics;
- Liaise and coordinate within the inter-agency on communications issues;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills;
- Strong copy editing skills, knowledge of AP Style highly desired;
- Experience creating social media content and solid understanding of social media analytics (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn);
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, newsletter writing and website management a plus
- Interest in political analysis, conflict resolution, international development, international disaster assistance, and/or security studies;
- Must be highly flexible but also detail-oriented;
- A good sense of humor is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, international development, marketing or a related field.
- Will consider candidates currently enrolled in a relevant university program.
- Must have at least two years of work experience (may include internships)
- Candidate must have previous communications experience in a professional or campus setting.
Candidates currently enrolled in graduate school are encouraged to apply. This position has a flexible working schedule during a normal Monday-Friday workweek.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org