Reporting to the President & CEO and working alongside the Director of Development and research staff, the Communications Officer will play a key role in shaping and implementing the Center’s strategic communications plan to increase awareness of Stimson’s analysis and policy recommendations among high-priority external audiences in government, media, the NGO community and academia. This position will manage a team of Communications Specialists. The ideal candidate will have experience in strategic communications, program management, and media relations. Candidates should be detail-oriented and able to prioritize multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Advise program Directors on strategic communications and branding techniques that promote research and expertise to external audiences;
- Working closely with the development team, create organizational and project-specific messages to support impact and fundraising goals;
- Coordinate, manage, and conduct Stimson’s media relations research and outreach to showcase and promote Stimson, its programs, and researcher expertise;
- Oversee preparation of press releases, promotional materials, collateral, and other written, auditory, and visual content;
- Manage relationships with outside vendors to ensure high-quality and timely publication of Center reports and products;
- Manage operation, writing and posting of content for the Center’s social media channels.
- Oversee the Communications team; and
- Manage Communications budget.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in media, strategic communications, or public relations with demonstrated interest in foreign affairs issues;
- Specific experience in public policy and issue-driven communications with an innovative mind for marketing policy-related research across diverse constituencies;
- Branding and design experience, including working with external vendors to design reports, websites, promotional materials and more in a timely and cost-effective manner;
- Digital media experience and a strong understanding of digital media trends;
- Web design and management experience;
- Program management skills, including budget management, and supervisory experience;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a complex, fast-paced environment; and
- Team builder with strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org