IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
The Program Associate provides administrative support to the Fulbright Teacher Exchange Programs team in the day-to-day administration of program activities including logistics support, implementation of program initiatives, financial monitoring, and communicating with partner organizations on program implementation and participant support issues. The
Program Associate also regularly supports events management and data management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains a portfolio of participating Fulbright Teacher Exchange Program countries and associated Fellows, including:
- Regularly communicating with U.S. Embassies and Fulbright Commissions to provide support with participant recruitment, selection, Pre-Departure Orientations, pre-arrival preparations, travel arrangement, payment requests and reconciliations, etc.;
- Reviewing nominee materials, including reading participant applications, and managing application processing;
- Supporting country Fellow groups (e.g. program notifications, document collection, maintaining participant files & database records, assisting with tax documentation, payment requests and reconciliations, etc.);
- Managing program inbox and responding to email daily;
- Maintaining knowledge of country/regional education system and trends
- Supports preparation for and implementation of Fulbright Teacher Exchange Programs workshops and events, including:
- Collaborating with program team to support development and preparation of materials for workshops and events;
- Assisting with event coordination and providing on-site support during workshops;
- Facilitating sessions at teacher training workshops;
- Supporting travel and event logistics.
- Supports communication with and ongoing professional development support of Fellows and alumni, including:
- Support in implementation and management of alumni grant program, following up with alumni for information and updates;
- Periodically contributing to the development and facilitation of webinars and online discussions on topics related to education, gender, and leadership.
- Supports overall project management for Fulbright Teacher Exchange Programs, including:
- Monitoring delegated program inboxes and social media accounts;
- Managing ASPE enrollment for Fellows (delegating COINs entry per Fellow portfolio for PA and coordinating printing of health coverage cards);
- Coordinating program related communications materials and website updates;
- Supporting M&E data collection and contributing to program impact stories;
- Assisting with research and/or writing summaries of project activities and results including quarterly and other program reports for funding agencies;
- Processing payments according to IREX procedures;
- Coordination of program-wide shipments and supplies orders;
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask, prioritize, and remain flexible while adhering to strict deadlines in a fast-paced working environment.
- Proven communication and organizational skills with demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work in a team environment, including team members in multiple time zones across a variety of organizations.
- Ability to manage difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and Google communications, publishing and web analytics tools, and social media.
- MA in international affairs/development, international education, or related field.
- Experience working with teachers and/or in a classroom setting (U.S. or international).
- Experience working on USG projects.
- Knowledge of and experience with project design, grant management, proposal development.
- Knowledge of and experience with large-scale event coordination.
- Proficiency in educational and cross-cultural material/curriculum development.
- Facilitation or public speaking experience.
- Study, work, or living experience abroad.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org