The role of Head of Government Relations is critical to the successful delivery of Raytheon’s UK and regional government and parliamentary engagement strategy, and for maintaining and enhancing Raytheon’s reputation amongst key political leaders and their staff. The successful person must be highly strategic, used to externally facing roles with a wide range of senior political stakeholders, and have a high degree of political and commercial acumen.The post holder will act as the single point of accountability in the leadership, development and delivery of high impact political policy shaping and political engagement programmes in support of Raytheon’s business objectives at UK and regional levels.
Main duties will include:
- developing and maintaining a diverse range of highly effective relationships with key political and government (UK and regional) stakeholders (ministers, parliamentarians, civil servants, etc) relevant to Raytheon’s business priorities and facilitating appropriate dialogue with Raytheon’s business leaders
- advising RTN Senior Leaders on the UK political environment to inform development and implementation of robust Raytheon strategies to support business success
- undertaking and supporting lobbying activities and engagement with key political contacts, officials and stakeholders, as required. Management of any contracted political advisors
- ensuring delivery of key activities/events, supporting the party conference programme, engaging all Party Parliamentary Group secretariat and other projects as required
- responsibility for political contact database and stakeholder mapping
- delivering strategic parliamentary and stakeholder briefings
- providing political/policy monitoring, analysis, opportunity identification and regular briefings on all relevant industry issues
- supporting the development of policy positions, consultation responses and lobbying materials in liaison with members, key departments and other stakeholders
- attending and supporting all relevant committees/sections on policy developments as required
- supporting and leading on ad hoc research projects and events
- leading and managing all aspects of the development, planning, coordination and delivery of the Raytheon’s political engagement and communications programme and strategy, including political campaigns aimed at securing UK government policy implementation that supports Raytheon’s business interests
- deputising, when required, for the RUK Chief Executive and/or RUK Strategy and BD Director at meetings and / or events where UK government ministers and/or senior government officials
- Significant previous professional experience in public affairs or government affairs
- Solid understanding of UK national and regional political processes
- Strong understanding of UK national and regional political environment and key issues, particularly in terms of defence, security, foreign and industrial policy
- Well-developed research and analytical skills and ability to understand, analyse and develop recommendations in complex areas
- Ability to simplify and articulate complex political and/or industrial issues
- Proven strategy development and representation experience
- Strong verbal and presentation skills, including at Board or ministerial level
- Strong leadership and organisational skills with proven project management experience in running multiple engagement programmes
- Highly motivated professional team player, eager to learn and contribute to policy development and relationship management in a small team context and with broader teams
- Sound political judgement, diplomatic and loyal, able to gain full confidence of senior colleagues
- Outstanding written communication skills including the ability to draft briefings and correspondence at the most senior levels
- Excellent IT skills and ability to produce high quality briefings, data and presentation materials
- Ability to engender trust
• 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
• 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
• Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
• Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
• 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
• Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I council, Reservist Network etc and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org