The incumbent serves as the Digital Media News Editor for the Turkish Service, responsible for assigning, conceiving and directing the development and production of daily news on the service's multiple digital platforms. Incumbent also serves as the Internet writer/reporter/multimedia producer and editor within the office to produce integrated, well-balanced and targeted content and to grow audiences on both web and social media platforms.
THIS POSITION IS COVERED BY A UNION AGREEMENT
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Exercises full editorial responsibility for directing the development and production of content for the Turkish Service's digital presence, including web and social media.
- Serves as Turkish Service's writer/reporter/multimedia producer and exercises editorial responsibility in selecting and editing all material destined for digital platforms.
- Edits news copy coming from reporters from across the Turkish Service.
- Checks for substance, accuracy and balance as well as clear style.
- Demonstrates leadership ability with emphasis on building teams and managing them.
- Demonstrates initiative and exudes a 'can-do' attitude in the day-to-day operation of the websites and social media platforms
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. citizenship required.
- Candidates MUST meet all qualification requirements by closing date.
- Applicants must complete online questionnaire.
- This is a sensitive or national security position.
- If selected, this position requires the completion of the SF-86.
- Suitability Determination: If selected, you will be subject to a security investigation to establish your suitability for federal employment. The security investigation will include, among other aspects, a review of your credit and legal history.
- This position may require working nights, weekends, and holidays.
- This vacancy is being advertised under the Delegated Examining (DE) procedures and is open to all U.S. citizens. This vacancy is being concurrently advertised under Excepted Service (NC) procedures for non-U.S. citizen applicants.
- Your application to this DE vacancy announcement will only allow consideration for this announcement. We cannot electronically or manually move your application to the corresponding advertised NC announcement.
- Please ensure you are applying under the correct announcement. Non-US citizen applicants MUST apply to NC-10305565-18-LM.
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level which is directly related to this line of work AND fluency in the English and Turkish languages.
Specialized Experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Examples of such experience must demonstrate the following: (1) Mastery of both digital and traditional journalism; and (2) Expertise in current Internet and social media technologies and concepts in order to write, edit and produce balanced, highly-targeted material for publication on multiple platforms.
Applicant cannot substitute education for experience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org