Meridian is a public diplomacy and global leadership institution that strengthens U.S. engagement with the world through the exchange of people, culture and ideas. Founded over 55 years ago as a non-partisan, non-profit organization, Meridian works with governments, the private sector and the diplomatic community to develop exchange, training, culture and convening programs to help leaders better address the challenges and opportunities of an increasingly globalized society. The GlobalConnect (GC) division and the and the Meridian Center for Cultural Diplomacy, seek a procurement manager to manage day-to-day contractual and procurement services working with programmatic teams.
The Procurement Specialist is a key component in the management of work flow for the divisions’ procurement process. Applicant should have experience with the following: reviewing vendor contracts, analyzing spending proposals and making recommendations, reviewing budgets, and credit card and other financial reconciliations.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but limited to, the following:
· Oversee vendor procurement for commodities and services required for programmatic activities;
· Handling various procurement tasks via Micro Purchase, Simplified Acquisition or RFP methods in line with Meridian’s established procurement policies;
· Coordinate and review assigned procurement requests, obtain specifications from program team, check availability of merchandise/service, estimate costs, ensure funds availability and secure required authorization approval;
· Determine the necessary procurement action(s) to be taken in line with Meridian’s procurement authority approval matrix
· Ensure and document competition and track vendors in Meridian’s VendorRisk database;
· Coordinate with program teams to draft scopes of work for procurement activities;
· Ensure each procurement, purchase, delivery and payment are made in a timely manner;
· Research and identify multiple potential vendors to whom to send solicitations;
· Requesting bids, proposals or quotations from multiple vendors and review responses received;
· Analyze contractor’s performance using feedback received from program teams, and adherence to terms and conditions of the assigned contracts, including delivery schedules;
· Manage contract effective and expiration dates;
· Creating and implementing a systematic process from development of scope to contract completion;
· Develop a project selection record and obtain approval and document rational for selected winners including sole source justification, if required;
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Exercise of Judgement: the incumbent is expected to exercise initiative and good judgement in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the position.
· Strong consensus and relationship-building skills, with experience marshalling resources across different functions of an organization; ability to effectively resolve stakeholder differences;
· Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management;
· Ability to effectively gather and prioritize user requirements from disparate sources, going beyond initial requests to get to key user needs;
· Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, organization, and project management skills
· Proactive, always seeking additional responsibility
· Demonstrated ability to improve processes and procedures
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only. Subject line should read “Procurement Manager” only and a cover letter, with salary expectations, and resume should be attached. Only candidates being considered for this position will be contacted. Submissions that do not follow the above instructions will not be considered as applicants. NO PHONE CALLS in reference to this position will be accepted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org