Our Intelligence & Analysis (I&A) practice is seeking a talented, highly-motivated and team-oriented cyber risks analyst.
The primary responsibilities of the analyst will be to undertake rigorous and investigative open and human source research and intelligence collection, and to produce actionable analysis and assessments on cyber issues for a non-technical business audience.
This is not a technical role and a background in computer science is not required. The candidate we seek will be as comfortable discussing political and international security issues to security professionals, as they are cyber-security and technological innovation to business leaders.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an entry-level analyst with an exemplary academic record who has acquired a minimum one or two years professional experience and is looking to pursue a career in a leading global risk consultancy.
The role of an intelligence analyst at Risk Advisory is multifaceted and dynamic. We help clients identify and understand political risks and security threats to their businesses through timely and high-quality intelligence, analysis and assessments.
The role includes working on our Security intelligence & Analysis Service (SIAS), bespoke political and security risk assessments, and consulting projects. The role requires the frequent and timely production of intelligence assessments on matters such as:
- the intentions, capabilities and activities of state actors in the cyber domain
- geopolitical developments and how they may play out as cyber threats
- analysis of emerging tactics, strategies, technologies and methodologies used by different actors
- detection and analysis of online propaganda and disinformation activity
- economic and financial impact analysis of CNE and CNA attacks
- military use of information technology and cyber warfare
- protective cyber risk intelligence for major events and crisis planning
- social engineering and insider threats
- propaganda and disinformation on social media
- cyber-security threats affecting business travellers
Risk Advisory’s Intelligence & Analysis practice has a strong ethos in human sources intelligence collection, investigative open source research and the collection and analysis of primary source material.
The analyst will also be required to cultivate fruitful relationships with knowledgeable people that can help ensure we are providing the highest quality intelligence and analysis available. He or she must also be prepared to deal with the more challenging material and subject matter that professional security research entails.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Production of high-quality articles to tight deadlines
- Writing in English to a high professional standard
- Delivery of briefings and presentations to high-level audiences
- Analysis of intelligence and data
- Peer review and editing
- Desk-based open-source research and monitoring of the indexed, deep and dark web, social media and messaging applications
- Human source cultivation and development
- Comment to the media on relevant issues
- Client relationship management
- Business administration and operational tasks
- A minimum upper second class undergraduate degree plus a postgraduate degree in a relevant subject. Or a first class undergraduate degree in a relevant subject
- Relevant subjects include cyber-security, international relations, international security, intelligence studies, war studies
Required experience and skills:
- A minimum of one year’s professional experience in commercial, government or think tank research and analysis of cyber-security issues
- Exceptionally strong research and reasoning skills, and a methodical and meticulous approach to work
- Proven experience in researching, analysing and writing on cyber-security and geopolitics
- Exceptional written English skills and the ability to write in an engaging way a professional standard
- A creative approach to solving analytical problems
- An ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to process large volumes of information quickly to produce cogent and astute expert analysis, and to stay abreast of concurrent multiple topics.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org