HKI is seeking a Director, Program Integration to manage all technical MSNA program activities, both at the country and global level.
Reporting to the Project Director, the Director of Program Integration will manage a team of technical and regional advisors. This key personnel position is a member of the project management team and is expected to establish a close working relationship with USAID. S/he will ensure strong links between core and mission funded activities, managing and developing global partnerships with key nutrition partners and research agencies, ensuring technical integrity, and contributing to the overall results of MSNA.
Scope of the Position
The Director of Program Integration provides strategic technical direction, and ensures that program activities are well coordinated, implemented to the highest standards of quality, and delivered on time and on budget.
This position requires strong project management skills, technical expertise in evidence-based nutrition scale-up, strong ties to global nutrition networks, familiarity with key multi-lateral and bilateral partners and excellent communication skills.
Strategic Direction and Planning
- Responsible for development of MSNA’s strategic direction as represented in the annual work plans for core-funded and Mission-funded activities, ensuring alignment with USAID strategic interests, global best practice, and MSNA’s technical capabilities;
- Define, supervise and support the work of a team of technical and regional managers for Nutrition-Specific, Nutrition-sensitive, Social and Behavior Change Communication, and Market-based interventions, ensuring full integration across these capacities and disciplines;
- Work in close collaboration with Technical Programs Manager, Director of Monitoring Implementation Research and Learning (MIRL), and Regional Managers to ensure coherence between global and country initiatives, and that global assistance and research activities align strategically with country priorities and needs;
- Drive MSNA’s engagement in global forums and networks to ensure MSNA is positioned as a global leader in nutrition.
Management, Implementation and Technical Excellence
- Oversee implementation of all program activities; ensure the technical integrity of MSNA’s work including product quality and timeliness, and provision of technical assistance;
- Supervise a team of technical and regional advisors, providing guidance and mentorship on program activities and personnel management as needed;
- Support technical and regional advisors to ensure cohesive activities and effective communication across technical and country support staff;
- Support the planning, execution, and review of key deliverables and activities, providing input and guidance as needed to ensure that all MSNA’s work is of high value and quality;
- Manage key relationships with partners to ensure seamless delivery on established commitments;
- Support technical advisors and regional managers in identifying high quality consultants to fill technical content gaps, as needed.
Learning, Sharing and Documentation
- Establish mechanisms for regularly tracking progress towards achievement of work plan objectives and for sharing progress with country staff, USAID, and other U.S. based teams;
- Work closely with Director of MIRL to establish effective monitoring and evaluation processes both at the global and country level, to ensure that MIRL activities meet the needs of key stakeholders including USAID, technical teams, and country-level staff;
- Work in close coordination with Project Director and MSNA’s Knowledge Management team to ensure deliverables are presented in an accessible manner and widely disseminated;
- Work in close collaboration with Project Director and MSNA’s Knowledge Management Director to plan, lead, and oversee domestic and international project events ensuring, high professional standards are met for all external communications and events;
- Identify professional development needs of project staff and work with operations team to establish capacity building initiatives such as brown bags and learning events.
- Confident working within multi-sectoral programs to ensure a cohesive, unified approach;
- Experience working collaboratively with U.S. Government agencies, host country governments, partners, and other relevant stakeholders to achieve program objectives;
- Experience with nutrition program design, planning, implementation, and operations research;
- Ability to work independently and to manage various long and short-term projects with minimal supervision; superior organizational skills and ability to help direct reports prioritize in a fast paced, fluid environment;
- Capable of maintaining overall focus on program quality, strategy, and impact while also closely monitoring project details and adapting management procedures as necessary;
- Demonstrated ability to inspire, support and lead teams and work with colleagues in diverse cultures;
- Strong commitment to proactive personnel management and high level of social/emotional intelligence; comfortable with delegation and dedicated to building internal capacity.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in management, nutrition, public health, social sciences, international development communications or a related field; and
- Ten or more years’ experience leading, managing and implementing large international projects, specifically with experience in nutrition and one or more of the following areas: food security or agriculture, resilience, health systems strengthening, behavior change communication, community development, health policy or management; or equivalent combination of skills and experience;
- Five+ years living overseas, working in the areas of nutrition, health, or food security highly desirable;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; fluency in additional developing country language(s) desired.
- Ability to undertake field travel (approximately 20%).
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume noting the job title in the subject line.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org