We have a requirement for an EU Affairs Manager to join our Corporate Affairs team in our Brussels office. This is a permanent position paying between €50,000 and €70,000, depending on experience, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
In this role you will lead RICS’ policy development and engagement strategy towards EU decision makers, regulators and relevant stakeholders. You will identify opportunities for RICS to influence public policy in line with our strategic goals of standards adoption, recognition of our qualification and thought leadership and develop an excellent network of contacts for advancing our policy agenda with key decision makers and relevant stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and execute an effective EU Affairs strategy that facilitates the delivery of our corporate objectives;
- Raise the profile of RICS and ensure our qualification, standards and thought leadership are understood, referred to and used by EU decision makers and relevant stakeholders;
- Coordinate and develop high quality briefings, reports, events, consultation responses and position papers on relevant topics, on issues related to:
- Financial services;
- Professional qualification & regulation;
- Technology & digitisation.
- Represent RICS externally at all levels, building excellent working relationships with EU decision makers and relevant stakeholders;
- Develop and maintain content for a range of RICS communication channels;
- Build partnerships with colleagues and RICS members to deliver the EU Affairs strategy.
- Proven track record in EU influencing;
- Being a team player able to develop constructive relationships at all levels;
- Experience working in an international environment and able to adapt communication style accordingly;
- Comfortable dealing with stakeholders at all levels, able to build long-term relationships;
- A good sense for identifying opportunities and threats in the political landscape;
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative to agreed outcomes, against agreed deadlines and managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- Outgoing and enthusiastic, with the confidence to represent RICS effectively and professionally with people at all levels;
- Diplomatic and persuasive with strong communication and engagement skills;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Excellent English, both written and spoken, and ideally fluency in another European language;
- The ability to write concisely and persuasively;
- Effective presentation and representation skills using a variety of channels, including an ability to speak confidently in public;
- Willingness and ability to travel as required.
RICS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified candidates from a wide array of backgrounds to apply because we know that it’s the differences in our people that make the difference to our performance.
Please send your motivation letter and CV to Chris Salter by applying below.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org