1. Evaluate and track professional licensure, legislative and regulatory issues relevant to licensed professional engineers. With NSPE Executive leadership, the Manager of Government Relations and the COPA Committee, craft NSPE’s federal and state legislative and regulatory agenda and develop a plan to achieve positive legislative and regulatory outcomes through participation in issue-based coalitions with like-minded organizations, coordinating with and supporting affiliated state societies on state-level advocacy, direct lobbying, grasstops action, and grassroots action.
2. Track and communicate information about state legislative and regulatory issues to NSPE members and state society executives.
3. Conduct issues research and prepare issue and policy analysis, issue briefs, advocacy collateral materials, committee and governance reports, responding to member/staff inquiries regarding government affairs and licensure issues.
4. Research and create state-by-state and other reports on professional engineering laws and rules.
5. Serve as a staff liaison, in conjunction with the Manager of Government Relations, to the Committee on Policy and Advocacy Committee, the Emerging Technology Task Force, the NSPE-PAC Board of Trustees, and the AAES UPADI Task Force.
6. Assist the Manager of Government Relations in representing NSPE before federal agencies and Congress. Develop and maintain relationships with elected and appointed officials, including Members of Congress, key federal agency personnel, and their staff.
7. Communicate information to NSPE members about legislative and regulatory issues in publications such as the “Policy Perspectives” column in PE magazine, issue briefs, and the Government Relations Web site.
8. Working with the Manager of Government Relations, develop an annual fundraising plan for NSPE-PAC, the NSPE Protect the PE Fund and the NSPE Legal Fund, including:
· Craft a clear and compelling message to inspire members to contribute; Implement a schedule of communications with NSPE members, including:
o Updated content on the NSPE Web site.
9. Research and recommend candidates to receive NSPE-PAC contributions.
10. Manage the online Legislative Action Center by using VoterVoice to publish legislative information and send Action Alerts to NSPE members.
11. Manage QBS Award process and work with NSPE volunteers and partner organizations to determine award and grant recipients.
12. In coordination with Manager of Government Relations, prepare quarterly FEC reports, maintaining compliance with all regulations.
13. Assist the Manager of Government Relations in developing and managing the Government Relations budget.
14. Serve as NSPE staff support to the AAES WFEO International Relations Committee and the AAES UPADI Task Force, manage task force process, conference calls, meetings, agenda, minutes and related administrative issues and track engineering professional practice legislation and regulation as it may impact upon international engineering practice.
Please submit covet letter, including salary requirements, and resume via email by applying below.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org