Important: Internship agreement required – GMF does not provide VISAS. The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF) strengthens transatlantic cooperation on regional, national, and global challenges and opportunities in the spirit of the Marshall Plan. GMF does this by supporting individuals and institutions working in the transatlantic sphere, by convening leaders and members of the policy and business communities, by contributing research and analysis on transatlantic topics, and by providing exchange opportunities to foster renewed commitment to the transatlantic relationship.
GMF’s Transatlantic Leadership Initiative Program seeks an energetic and detail-oriented intern to work on the Paris Inclusive Leadership Hub, and fellowship and alumni programs for emerging leaders - from the United States and Europe – including the Marshall Memorial Fellowship (MMF), and the Transatlantic Inclusion Leaders Network (TILN).
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist with the development of the Inclusive Leadership Hub and planning of the
September 2019 Summit on Political Inclusion, and 2020 Summit on Digital Inclusion;
- Assist with the selection, and planning of the Transatlantic Inclusive Leadership Network fellowship;
- Assist with the planning and hosting of the American Marshall Memorial Fellows;
- Coordinate roundtables and alumni conferences;
- Assist with fundraising;
- Prepare and produce research materials for the fellowships and seminars;
- Prepare and produce supporting material and documents for presentations and meetings as required;
- Assist in developing Alumni Engagement in Europe
- Assist in developing a strategy to drive up membership registrations and grow membership revenue
- Assist in developing inclusion interest amongst the alumni community
- Assist with the communication and advertising of GMF leadership programs activities
- Use social media and GMF connect App to enhance connectivity
- Maintain the GMF leadership programs database and manage the departmental email account
- Provide administrative support as required
- Business trip to Europe may be required
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) / Bachelor degree (Political Science/ International Studies/Public Communication/Marketing/Journalism/ Administration/Public Affairs…).
- Fluent in English (mother tongue/ Excellent writing skills in English required); French and other languages considered as an advantage
- An ability to work in an intercultural team environment;
- Capacity in planning, monitoring, evaluating, and reporting on own work;
- Be creative, entrepreneurial, dynamic, well-organized, with an eye for detail, responsible and, ability to work well under pressure;
- Good interpersonal and excellent communication skills
- Have experience in project management, program planning, event management (fellowship programming is an asset);
- Possess a background/interest in foreign policy, diplomacy, transatlantic relations,
- public affairs; marketing or fellowship programming is an asset
- Superior computer skills and ability to web-edit is an asset.
Start and Length of Internship:
- Preferred Start date: 4th week of January 2019
- Length of internship: 6 months
Important: Internship agreement required.
GMF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org