Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that provides impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $370 million annually in funds to meet the financial needs of our organization which allows MSF to carry out its mission effectively and efficiently.
You will join a dynamic team that is responsible for raising and managing a portfolio of 900+ corporate donors valued at over $23 million. You will manage your own portfolio of corporate donors representing multiple fundraising channels such as corporate philanthropy, employee and matching gifts, incentivized giving, and Cause Related Marketing. Daily functions will include: regular communication with and stewardship of corporate contacts, developing proposals and reports, managing quarterly cultivation processes and other communications from the corporate relations team, answering incoming inquiries, and collaborating with development peers in overlapping areas of interest. You will report to the Director of Corporate Relations and be part of the mighty MSF-USA development team
· Manage all aspects of cultivation and stewardship of a select portfolio of corporate donors;
· Lead communications for the corporate relations team targeted to corporate donors and internal stakeholders including for web, emails, renewal and topic specific mailings, meetings and events;
· Manage select strategic projects and initiatives related to industry research and/or business objectives;
· Develop grant proposals and reports for corporate and employee support;
· Manage Cause Related Marketing partnerships that are aligned with MSF values and principles;
· Collaborate on the implementation of team procedures related to incoming inquiries, donor tracking, cultivation and stewardship follow-ups and overall quality control;
· Track relationship activities in development database;
· Participate in various donor engagement activities and workplace giving events;
· Engage in networking opportunities to garner introductions to new prospects;
· Collaborate on development of content and materials with members of Foundations team and other MSF departments;
· Initiate and participate in donor meetings which may include, when appropriate, Executive Director, other development team members, MSF aid workers, and key staff;
· Collaborate with other departments on areas of overlap such as events, employee matching gift campaigns, donor advised funds, as appropriate;
· Build knowledge of MSF and international news and regularly attend organizational meetings and internal programs from the field;
· Participate in development of annual plans and strategies to meet MSF priority funding needs aligned with organizational objectives and policies.
· Three years successful fundraising experience, preferably with US corporations, or foundations and/or major donors. Including proven track record with all aspects of donor cultivation (research, grant writing, follow-up, and stewardship);
· Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent;
· Excellent oral and written English language communication skills to be able to share complex and controversial information to a variety of recipients;
· Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills;
· Interest and commitment to the work of MSF and knowledge of international affairs and humanitarian issues;
· Ability to handle a large volume of work under pressure and with deadlines while maintaining a sense of humor and keen attention to detail;
· Excellent time management and organizational skills;
· Enthusiastic team player with the ability to work independently;
· Excellent judgment and diplomacy; and
· Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and database software(s) such as Salesforce or Raiser's Edge.
· Experience reviewing and implementing partnership agreements;
· Project management skills; and
· French skills preferred, Spanish a plus.
To apply, send letter of interest/cover letter and resume, ATTN: “Development Officer, Corporate Relations” position.
Submissions without cover letter will not be reviewed. No phone calls please.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org