Develop, articulate and execute GE Aviation's policy and advocacy strategies in support of commercial and military businesses. Leverage GE global corporate assets and relationships; share domain expertise and relationships throughout Aviation. Build and lead an advocacy network. This role is posted within the Corporate business but is expected to transition to the GE Aviation business effective January 2019 Essential Responsibilities: This position requires a unique individual to balance industry knowledge, company expertise and governmental processes. The Senior Manager - International Affairs - Aviation will partner with the leadership team to represent GE on the range of important issues before important decision and policy makers, and should be capable of working at all levels of business and government.
- Develop and maintain a diverse range of highly effective relationships with key political and government stakeholders (U.S. Legislative and Executive branch officials, global government officials, embassies etc.)
- Drive integrity and compliance into all GE Aviation activities.
- Advise business leaders and key internal stakeholders on the political environment in key countries and regions.
- Manage priorities and lead the cross-matrix, cross-business, multi-functional on international government affairs issues.
- Partner with Aviation GAP leader and other internal stakeholders to develop and execute the external funding agenda for GE Aviation.
- Undertake and support lobbying activities and engagement with key political contacts, officials and stakeholders, as required.
- Represent GE Aviation in government, legislative organizations, trade associations and other industry bodies.
- Coordinate GAP activities and engagement at Air Shows.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Advanced business or technical degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years experience working in public affairs or government affairs
- Minimum 5 years experience in international and regional political environment and key issues; expertise in aerospace, defense and industrial policy preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience in US national and regional political processes
- Commitment to conducting GE's business affairs with the highest integrity, including strict adherence to applicable laws and GE's values
- Successful experience working on U.S. and global government affairs and industry-related issues
- Ability to understand key policy issues in priority regions for GE Aviation (ie Open Skies)
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, including proven ability to prioritize, balance in a fast-paced environment
- Research and analytical skills and ability to understand, analyze and develop recommendations in complex areas
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with proven management experience in running multiple engagement programs
- Commitment to Collaboration and accountability
- Ability to simplify and articulate complex issues
- Strong verbal and presentation skills on C-suite level
- Sound political judgement and diplomacy skills
- Play to win
- Characteristics of successful advocacy campaigns
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org