We envision a world where historically violent communities have been led to peace and prosperity by job creators who believe in women’s economic empowerment.
We envision a world made more peaceful by the creation of jobs that provide dignity and economic stability as a powerful alternative to violence. More jobs mean less violence®
You will make an impact in communities like El Salvador, Guatemala, Lebanon and Bolivia by helping businesses grow and creating more employment. You will be part of a mission-driven team of highly committed staff and hundreds of business volunteers who touch thousands of lives, giving families hope for a stronger economic future that includes less poverty, more education and ultimately less violence in their communities.
The Bpeace International Program Manager is a full-time U.S.-based REMOTE position that requires fluency in both Spanish and English. You will be reporting to our Chief Program Officer based in North Carolina. Plan on traveling internationally twice a year, and in the U.S. once or twice a year.
The Business Council for Peace (Bpeace) operates as a consulting firm that happens to be a nonprofit.
In historically violent communities, we identify proven and promising job creators, especially women, then surround them with the advice they need to dramatically accelerate the growth of their businesses.
Where violence has created a barrier between local business leaders and international best practices, Bpeace breaks down those barriers and through the time and knowledge provided by international business volunteers, we deliver high quality strategy, mentoring and skill building both in country and remotely.
As the Bpeace International Program Manager, you will operate as the deputy to our Chief Program Officer. She is charged with the design, implementation, and excellence of the pro bono consulting and advisory services that we provide to job creator/business owners in the countries in which we operate.
Specifically, you will have two main types of clients:
- Owners of growing businesses in El Salvador, Guatemala, Lebanon and Bolivia, many led by women. We call them Fast Runners. You will have 25-30 Fast Runner clients.
- Business volunteers who want to pay their skills forward. We call them Skillanthropists. You will help recruit 50-75 Skillanthropist clients.
- Your Fast Runner clients will be recruited as part of a competitive process in each country that is led by our field staff. You will have a voice in selecting the Fast Runners.
- Often you will need to recruit your Skillanthropist clients. From your own network, warm leads from us and cold calls, you will recruit volunteer business people with the matching skill sets to help Fast Runner businesses grow.
- You will make the match between the owner of the Salvadoran, Guatemalan, Bolivian or Lebanese business (Fast Runners) and the Skillanthropist, and hover over the relationship until it takes hold.
You will be working with our field staff in Central America and our partners in Bolivia and Lebanon. We are a fun, strategic and creative, results driven and efficient team.
Bpeace is a member-based organization with 350+ volunteers. You will source qualified Skillanthropists from existing members as well as recruit and onboard new volunteer members.
Bpeace is in the talent business. As well as making your two types of clients happy, you are also a talent manager.
- If a Salvadoran entrepreneur needs to improve customer insights, you will recruit a volunteer customer insight professional who will commit to working remotely for a few hours over two months, and then travel to El Salvador for a week.
- If a Bolivian hotel owner needs to rethink her marketing strategy, you will recruit a hospitality-marketing expert willing to donate their time to help reposition the hotel.
- If a Salvadoran food-manufacturing entrepreneur needs to reduce the number of errors on her production line, you might need to recruit either an operations expert or an employee engagement expert, to advise where she needs to make changes.
Bpeace creates jobs in challenged economies. Also think of yourself as a job creator, who:
- Through discussion and analysis, uncovers the unique growth challenges of 30 Central and South American businesses that will be your clients.
- Creates concise written profiles for the specific kind of volunteer experts the businesses need.
- Identifies and establishes relationships with potential business volunteers through telephone marketing, email, social media channels, webinars, and your own business network.
- Interviews interested candidates, and persuades the finalists to join Bpeace as Skillanthropists to generously donate their skills for a specific project, for a specific period of time (usually a minimum of six months).
- Develop new tools and strategies for communicating and disseminating volunteer opportunities and for identifying experts.
- As a result of your Skillanthropist placements, Salvadoran and Bolivian businesses grow, and jobs are created in those communities.
- Manage a portfolio of Fast Runner businesses in El Salvador, Guatemala, Lebanon and Bolivia; assist in monitoring and measuring their progress.
- Facilitate the delivery of pro bono consulting services to the portfolio.
- Participate in the recruitment and onboarding of new Fast Runners; draft Fast Runner profiles.
- Travel to the field based on need and security.
- Be familiar with all current Bpeace partners for these regions. Recommend new corporate and foundation partners who can increase our capabilities, provide referrals to new Fast Runners.
- Keep current with news and the overall environment of the regions, providing insight to the CPO and CEO on any implications for Bpeace’s work.
- Participate in activities related to expansion of Bpeace into new countries.
- Provide support to CEO, Member Relations Manager and NextGen Leadership for Bpeace events.
- Manage Bpeace Knowledge Network in Salesforce.
- Manage interns.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- 5+ years experience in a non-retail business.
- Client service experience in a general business environment. General knowledge of how both service and manufacturing businesses operate.
- A wide professional business network that can be leveraged to identify and recruit Bpeace Skillanthropists.
- A valid passport.
- Experience in a consulting firm.
- Curious. Highly interested in international dynamics.
- A passion for business, and knowledgeable about the latest trends and tools in various functional areas, like marketing, finance, operations, HR, etc.
- Insight into reading people and what might motivate them to volunteer with Bpeace.
- Engaging and fearless (comfortable making cold calls) and persuasive.
- Imaginative and innovative at opening up new channels and gateways for Skillanthropist recruitment.
- Presence. Can speak to a crowd (in-person and on video conference calls) and make connections that convert to interest in Bpeace.
- Ability to assess the business needs of your Fast Runner clients and articulate what types of business volunteers can address those needs.
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills, extensive cross-cultural awareness to communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Concise and compelling business writer.
- Highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Resourceful, organized, excellent attention to detail.
- Extremely flexible, with the ability to cope with diverse situations.
- Team player, yet also able to work independently and exercise sound judgment and decision-making.
- Comfortable working remotely.
- Salesforce experience a plus.
- Bpeace operates fast and lean, more like a consulting firm than a traditional nonprofit.
- We are committed to a culture of impact, efficiency, inspiration and fun.
- BpeaceHQ is based in the U.S., working remotely. You will work remotely as well—no office is provided.
Only candidates who meet the qualifications of the position should apply. Please submit a resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience and why you are interested in the position, and email.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org