The European Centre for Democracy and Human Rights (ECDHR) is seeking creative, organized, passionate, and hard-working applicants for a six month Advocacy Internship based in Brussels, Belgium. Through this program, interns can expect to gain valuable hands-on international advocacy experience including knowledge of the European Parliament. We are happy to work with students seeking academic course credit for their work. This is a remote, unpaid internship that reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Conduct research on regionally-focused human rights crises and issues in the Arab Gulf region and their relations to the international human rights legal framework;
- Draft policy papers, briefing documents, and advocacy letters to support ECDHR’s mission;
- Assist in ECDHR’s advocacy at the European Parliament, including through outreach and meetings;
- Attend and report on events, briefings, and other relevant meetings during European Parliament sessions;
- Support social media activities and provide administrative support where needed.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Motivation, strong organizational skills, and ability to be self-starting;
- Familiarity with UN human rights mechanisms;
- Proficiency at Microsoft Office and social media platforms, in particular Twitter;
- Ability to commit to 20 hours per week.
- Undergraduate degree in Political Science, International Relations, Law or related field.
Languages and Location
- Candidates must be fluent in written and spoken English;
- Candidates must be based in Brussels.
Please send us your CV and cover letter in PDF format named SURNAME_Name_CV-CL to [email protected] with subject line Brussels Advocacy Intern no later than the 31st of January 2019.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org