The Mission of Japan to the EU is looking for a Research Assistant to join the Press and Public Diplomacy Section in the beginning of February.
- Monitor and research key policy debates in the EU on issues relevant to the Mission;
- Compile clear, concise and informative reports on meetings and events in Brussels – e.g. Press conferences, meetings and events of the EU institutions, think tank events, conferences, etc.;
- Research and draft articles, speeches and other English language communications for the Mission;
- Proofread English language texts for the Mission;
- Monitor the shared mailbox and manage incoming emails.
- Liaise with journalists, researchers and other external actors to support the Mission’s activities;
- Provide overall support to the Head of the Press and Public Diplomacy Section e.g. conducting general administrative tasks, writing/sending letters and emails, drafting lists of event participants with Excel etc.;
- Assist with organisation of events within the Mission;
- Carry out other general administrative tasks as requested;
- Master’s degree or equivalent;
- A sound knowledge of the functioning of the European institutions and the decision-making process at EU level;
- Work experience with a demonstrated ability in communications, public affairs and/or research; professional experience in one of the EU institutions would be an asset;
- Excellent drafting and editing skills with a strong attention to detail;
- Native level of English language;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.);
- Ability to legally work in the EU.
Please email your CV and cover letter (one page) with subject line in the format “Research_Assistant_Last_Name”
Only successful candidates will be contacted, and we do not answer any inquiries on recruitment.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org