We are looking for a full-time Policy and Advocacy Officer (Development and International Cooperation) who will contribute to the overarching values, priorities and goals of Caritas in Europe and who will:
- Monitor EU policy developments concerning SDGs, international development and external aid;
- Carry out research, analyse and develop policy positioning;
- Advocate Caritas Europa’s key policy positions;
- Lobby relevant policy-makers in EU Institutions and in the Council of Europe;
- Network and contribute in relevant NGO platforms and specific working groups;
- Participate in external and internal activities, including public campaigning;
- Contribute to advocacy capacity building activities for Member Organisations of Caritas Europa;
- Support the work of Caritas Europa’s working structures (Action Group, Reference Network, possible task forces, and the MIND project) related to the SDGs and relations with Caritas Africa and Caritas Mona;
- Foster the engagement of the working structures and member organisations to contribute to Caritas Europa’s policy shaping processes;
- Represent the organisation within the mandate given by the Caritas Europa’s Policy and Advocacy Director;
- Contribute to the internal coherence of the Advocacy Unit and the CE team;
- Complete any other task assigned by the Policy and Advocacy Director or Secretary General.
The Policy and Advocacy Officer, part of the Advocacy Unit, reports to the CE Policy and Advocacy Director.
- University degree (BA or MA) in International Development related field;
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience; Knowledge of EU institutions and their functioning;
- Knowledge and understanding of EU development policies;
- Ability to analyse policy developments and draft policy positions/recommendations, with proven experience in drafting briefing notes, position papers, advocacy papers;
- Knowledge of advocacy methodology, techniques and tools;
- Networking skills: ability to link to policy makers and other stakeholders and strengthen collaboration of Caritas members and regions;
- Communication skills: fluency in English (both written and spoken), and preferably other language competencies as well;
- Writing skills: briefing notes, position papers, advocacy papers;
- Familiarity with Catholic Social Teaching (CST);
- Ability to work and create a supportive environment in an international team, in need of intercultural competence;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Computer skills and experience in working with Microsoft Office software.
The Caritas Europa Secretariat promotes diversity in the team. It is committed to equal opportunities and will ensure that no applicant is discriminated against through a condition or requirement which cannot be objectively justified.
Please submit the following documents:
1. Motivation letter (max 1 page)
By January 20th 2019 23:59 Brussels time CET (Brussels time) to:
Secretary General, Jorge Nuño Mayer: [email protected] and Policy and Advocacy Director, Shannon Pfohman: [email protected], mentioning in the subject: “Application for Development and International Cooperation Policy Officer”.
We thank in advance all candidates who show their interest in this offer.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org