The primary function of the position is to manage the partnership portfolio of Donor Direct Action to internally track partnership progress and connect partners to external opportunities for funding, visibility or advocacy/policy networking.
Duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
• Support and oversee DDAs regular engagement with partners including regular communications on their activities, organizational priorities or specific aspects of partners’ work that can be used for media outreach, policy networking and fundraising, feeding such information to the relevant DDA team member for follow-up,
• As applicable, regular contacts and exchanges with regional coordinators in charge of partner liaison for the region (e.g. in Latin America),
• Coordinate on-site visits of e.g. donors or policy-makers to partners in-country.
• Coordinate partners’ visits to the U.S.
• Networking with relevant policy- and decision-makers e.g. in the United Nations system to help secure access and influence on topics that partners are working on.
• Support drawing up and operationalizing criteria around the identification and selection of new/potential partners and managing the different stages for transitioning existing partners from being actively supported to being part of the extended network once they do no longer need DDA support,
• Operational oversight (including updating and improving as needed) of key systems to track the evolution and management of partnerships and thematic funds,
• Lead the execution of yearly organizational partnership assessments with all partners and for the two thematic funds,
• Ensure due diligence in relation to obtaining and having an updated record of key documents from partners (including a valid Memorandum of Understanding, annual reports, audited financial accounts and/or other financial records as needed, internal governance structures etc.),
• Monitoring key benchmarks/priorities agreed for each partnership to make sure that they are achieved and/or regularly revised and updated,
• Provide other managerial oversight duties as requested.
College degree or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 3-5 years working experience with proven track record in similar jobs.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications – with a high degree of skill in developing and managing information for planning and internal management, presenting it in various formats.
• Confident in virtual office environments.
• Results-orientation with demonstrated capacity to organize yourself and others to achieve clearly defined deliverables in line with the Donor Direct Action mission.
• The ability to work independently and prioritize your own work load in concert with others.
• Ability to assimilate and clearly present information with good communication skills.
• Sensitivity to working with global issues / in an international and culturally diverse context.
• Willingness and ability to work in a small and dynamic team with the flexibility to take on additional tasks as and if needed.
• Fluency in English and French (reading and writing).
Be sure to put DDA Program Officer Application in the subject line of the email. Include CV and letter of interest. Please note that this is a full-time position based in New York, USA. Valid work permit for the US is required.