The OECD is a global economic forum working with 36 member countries and more than 100 emerging and developing economies to make better policies for better lives. Our mission is to promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world. The Organisation provides a unique forum in which governments work together to share experiences on what drives economic, social and environmental change, seeking solutions to common problems.
The Directorate for Education and Skills (EDU) leads the Organisation’s work to help member and non-member countries achieve high-quality learning for all, design better skills policies, and turn them into jobs and growth. The directorate carries this out by providing statistics, analysis and policy advice to countries on a wide range of educational topics.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Advisor to work in the Director’s Office. The Advisor will work under the direct supervision of the Director, and in close collaboration with the Deputy Directors and Heads of Divisions. S/he will support the Director and the Director’s Office to assist in the representation and liaison with the Office of the Secretary-General and the co-ordination with other Directorates. S/he will also assist with Global Relations and preparations of Ministerial or high level as well as committee meetings.
Communication and co-ordination
- Work closely with the Director, the Director’s Office team, and the Heads of Divisions to contribute to and coordinate the preparations of the analytical and policy content of briefings, talking points, reports, letters and other strategic documents.
- Participate in the planning and preparation of meetings, including the preparation of background documents, drafting of speeches, talking points and summary records.
- Contribute to tracking and reporting on the implementation of EDU’s integrated Programme of Work and participation in OECD horizontal activities.
- Maintain and strengthen close contacts with other Directorates, to ensure effective communication, information sharing and contributions to horizontal projects and initiatives.
- Provide support to the Director’s Office in strategic planning, and for Ministerial or high level as well as committee meetings.
Strategic liaison and representation
- Ensure effective representation and liaison with the Office of the Secretary-General and other Directorates.
- Manage effective liaison with the Global Relations Secretariat (eg. preparing briefings, policy notes, EDU input to partnership agreements).
- Develop and foster networks of relevant contacts across the Organisation and with partner countries and external stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation of the Director’s missions and visits, ensuring that key strategic issues are covered, that key strategic messages are transmitted and the appropriate feedback and follow-up actions are taken.
· An advanced university degree in university degree in economics, public policy/administration, international relations or other relevant specialisation.
- A minimum of three, preferably five years’ experience in an international organisation, a national administration, university, research centre or consultancy in EDU’s areas of work.
- A very good knowledge of EDU’s substantive work and a strategic sense of the role of the OECD in the overall framework of international co-operation and domestic policy formulation.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, as well as the ability to organise and to summarise complex material, encompassing empirical data.
- Proven skills in establishing and developing professional contacts and to interact with national delegations, government officials, other international organisations and stakeholders.
- Fluency in one of the two OECD official languages (English and French) and knowledge of the other, with a commitment to reach a good working level.
- Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
- For this role, the following competencies would be of particular importance: Achievement focus, Analytical and Strategic thinking, Strategic networking, Diplomatic sensitivity, Drafting skills, Team work, Influencing and Negotiating.
- Please refer to the full list of OECD Core Competencies and level 3 indicators.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org