Established in 1998, IPEN, the International Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Elimination Network, is a global network of environmental and public health organizations working to pave the way for a toxics-free future. As an international leader on chemical safety, IPEN raises the profile of sound chemicals management as an economic development strategy, wins increased funding for chemical safety projects at the country level, exposes dangerous chemicals in products, and raises the profile of toxics issues previously not on the agenda for global attention.
Comprised of more than 500 health and environmental public interest organizations in over 100 countries, IPEN is working to eliminate the world's most harmful chemicals to create a toxics-free future. The IPEN Secretariat is a small operation with offices in Berkeley & Los Angeles, CA (5 people) and Göteborg, Sweden (3 people). The Operations & Office Organizer will be based in Berkeley.
For more information about IPEN, visit [email protected], or visit IPEN’s twitter account, @ToxicsFree.
The purpose of the Operations & Office Organizer is to provide support to IPEN’s internal global operations, including by making logistical arrangements for small and large regional and international meetings, editing IPEN reports and proposals, and carrying out administrative tasks for the IPEN Secretariat. The Operations & Office Organizer will support the creative, dynamic and fun office and online IPEN work culture.
Logistics for both large and small IPEN meetings
The Operations & Office Organizer works with IPEN Secretariat staff and partners to ensure successful IPEN events, including by:
· Setting financing and budget parameters in coordination with the IPEN Operations and Finance Director
· Creating and distributing invitation letters
· Reserving appropriate venues and meals
· Making payments and taking care of other on-site logistical needs
· Reviewing participant travel plans to ensure lowest cost and/or most practical itineraries
· Providing information to participants about meeting logistics, agendas, and special meeting requirements, e.g. visas
· Maintaining appropriate financial documents, receipts, etc. necessary for financial reporting about the event
· Requesting, reviewing and circulating meeting reports-back
· Arranging exhibition space
· Assisting with side events arrangements
· Distributing funds to participants for DSAs, etc.
The Operations & Office Organizer supportsinternal and external IPEN communications and works with communications staff, including by:
· Overseeing and implementing IPEN network online communications
· Adding news and communication items to the IPEN website
· Managing and updating the IPEN databases and list serves
· Reviewing and editing IPEN reports, documents and other communications
· Arranging for translation and printing of IPEN materials
· Arranging IPEN Secretariat staff, Steering Committee and Executive Committee conference calls
· Assisting with the administration of IPEN’s General Assembly
Management of the office
The Operations & Office Organizer carries out various tasks to keep the Berkeley office running smoothly, including by:
· Providing administrative support to the International Coordinator/General Manager
· Keeping wireless internet strong and available; troubleshooting if necessary
· Attending to the mail
· Managing the safety of the work environment, and providing furnishings, supplies and equipment necessary for effective operations
· Arranging for repairs if necessary
· Making payments to various vendors
Send an email an attach an updated CV and cover letter.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org