The purpose of this position is to provide leadership within ALDA+ for the development of commercial services (trainings, consultancies, technical assistance, etc.) and contracting bids (consultancies and full programme tenders). He/she will also be requested to cooperate, together with the CEO, to support the design of new and innovative services/programmes.
The post-holder will play a key role in finding clients and managing related- relationships, with different stakeholders such as companies, local authorities, civil society organizations, educational institutes, etc., particularly in Europe and in its neighbourhoods.
In addition, the post-holder will work in a collaborative manner - and in some cases autonomously – to deliver the services of ALDA+ on the basis of its competences and capacities.
As an officer position, he/she will report directly to the chief executive officer (CEO) and is primarily concerned with ensuring the integrated commercial success of the organisation. The role will require a combination of strong technical knowledge of the field of project development and management, capacity building, management and technical assistance, with strong marketing and business development skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
Development of commercial services
- Contribute to the setting and achieving of the commercial strategic objectives of the company and preparation of the business plans for the company;
- Research, analyse and create a plan for engaging the target market;
- Build relationships and strategic cooperation with different stakeholders/clients in order to establish ALDA+ as a credible service provider/partner;
- Expand the customer base;
- Support the CEO to design and submit proposals/budgets for commercial contracting opportunities;
- Conduct and assist in the negotiation of commercial contracts, within parameters agreed with the CEO and the supervision of the financial manager;
- Help the company define new offers and products.
Finding clients and managing related-relationships
- Scan and identify suitable markets for ALDA+ services and contract opportunities;
- Support colleagues to develop high quality commercial services and negotiate sound contracts;
- Prepare client files and regular reports for ALDA+’ CEO and financial manager;
- Provide administrative support for the contracts, with regards to (but not exclusively) collecting, checking and managing all data of clients, processing service contracts;
- Demonstrate products and services as deemed necessary by clients and management;
- Schedule appointments and meetings as necessary;
- Promote ALDA+’ services and products through different channels and tools.
- Deliver trainings and provide technical assistance on the basis of his/her knowledge, competencies and capacities.
Contribute to the company more broadly
- Contribute to ALDA+’ success and impact by participating in learning and the development of ideas, services, on diverse topics and issues, as opportunities arise;
- Undertake other tasks reasonably expected of her/him.
For this role, the skills, qualifications and experience listed below are important:
- Highly motivated, result-driven person;
- Flexibility, eagerness to learn quickly;
- Very good analytical skills;
- Marketing and communication skills;
- Good strategic and business planning skills;
- Must be detail oriented, and a highly organized self-starter;
- University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject for the post;
- Languages: Proficient verbal and written skills in English (French and other languages are distinct asset);
- Proficient use of Office Suite, internet, email and server;
- Minimum of three years commercial management experience in a similar role, with track record of securing funds through commercial contracting processes;
- Experience in implementing and delivering capacity building activities and in managing programmes.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org