The SPA Defense Strategy and Policy Team within the Undersea Strategic Systems Analysis Group (USSAG) assists senior Department of Defense customers with development and implementation of strategic concepts and initiatives, deterrence-related strategy and policy, and advanced operating concepts. The team has broad expertise working at the most senior of levels of government, and specializes in integrating complex and crosscutting issues for executive decision-makers.
Perform work on various National Security topics in support of a range of US Dept. of Defense customers including Navy SSP and OPNAV N5I. Responsible for leading and participating in analytical studies, developing or reviewing papers that analyze or recommend positions on issues, developing and presenting briefing materials, and developing materials necessary for policy execution. Function as a subject matter expert and provide consistent thought leadership to customers.
• Master’s Degree in Political Science, International Relations, National Security Studies, or related field.
• 3-6 years of experience in support of the U.S. Department of Defense or an Armed Service or in a related field.
• Experience directly interacting with, briefing, and advising senior DoD or Armed Service decision makers.
• Direct experience with development, analysis, or implementation of nuclear, biological, chemical, or conventional arms control strategy or policy is a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong presentation skills.
• Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Must be capable of breaking down complex issues into simplified problem statements and laying out objective approaches to identify and compare the merits of competing solutions.
• Must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. citizenship is required. Candidates will be subject to a security investigation.
• Master’s Degree in Political Science, International Relations, National Security Studies or related field.
• Education in deterrence theory/practice, arms control theory/practice, military strategy/history, modern military operations, strategic communications, or European or Indo-Pacific regional studies.
• Final Secret or TS Security Clearance.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org