The EPC is looking for a social media assistant (equivalent to a paid internship) to join its Communications team, from 1 May for a period of 6 months, with the possibility to renew the contract for up to another 6 months.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Communications, the main responsibilities of the Social Media Assistant would be:
- Manage the EPC social media channels, including Twitter and LinkedIn, with the aim of increasing both the number of followers and their engagement rate;
- Manage the social media promotion and coverage of EPC events and the promotion of EPC publications;
- Set up and manage sponsored campaigns on Twitter/LinkedIn to promote key events and/or publications, including in collaboration with social media officers of project partners;
- Produce regular reports on social media performance;
- Work with senior policy analysts and policy analysts to boost the visibility of their profile through the promotion of the main quotes in their publications, their media and public appearances (contributions);
- Engage with the different stakeholder communities associated with the EPC’s programmes and projects;
- Maintain a strong knowledge of innovations in social media and identify any that may be of benefit/interest to the EPC;
- Support the communications team vis-à-vis the media and the website.
- Excellent communication skills in English (both oral and written);
- University degree in European Studies, communications or related area;
- Good drafting skills;
- Good organisational skills and time management;
- Dynamic, flexible, reliable, pro-active, creative and results-oriented person;
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure with meticulous attention to detail;
- Proven knowledge of working with Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and other relevant platforms;
- Proven knowledge and experience of working with social media listening, tracking and multi-channel posting tools such as Meltwater or similar;
- Pevious relevant work experience (internship would suffice) in social media and communications;
- Experience in graphic design (InDesign, Canva, etc.) as well as in social media marketing tools is considered a plus.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send by e-mail a short motivation letter together with a CV to Maral Bedrossian (Ms), [email protected] and mention SMAST in the subject line.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the deadline to schedule an interview.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org