FuelsEurope, the EU Affairs division of the European Petroleum Refiners Association, is looking for an Advocacy Strategy Manager to join its dynamic advocacy team for a two-year contract. This position will bring you the opportunity to contribute to the FuelsEurope strategy and participate in the Vision 2050, while reporting to the Policy Director for a wide variety of tasks and topics relating to the oil refining industry and its interaction with the EU institutions.
Who are we?
- FuelsEurope represents the interests of 40 Companies operating refineries in the EU. Members account for almost 100% of EU petroleum refining capacity and more than 75% of EU motor fuel retail sales;
- FuelsEurope aims to promote economically and environmentally sustainable refining, supply and use of petroleum and other products in the EU, by providing input and expert advice to the EU Institutions, Member State Governments and the wider community, thus contributing in a constructive and pro-active way to the development and implementation of EU policies and regulations.
What do we offer?
- Two year contract;
- Competitive package complemented with fringe benefits (pension scheme, health insurance, company car, etc.);
- International and dynamic multicultural environment;
- Opportunity to contribute to the development of FuelsEurope’s strategy and maintain regular contacts with our stakeholders in the oil refining industry and the EU institutions.
What do we expect from you?
- Progress the development of the strategic vision of the EU refining industry in the framework of the 2050 energy and climate objectives of the EU (“Vision 2050”);
- For the above purpose, participate in the Vision 2050 Project Team and lead the relevant work of the secretariat, supporting also the Project Leader in the coordination of the team activities;
- Engage in the deployment of the Advocacy and Communication plan of the Vision 2050;
- Support the Policy Director in harmonising and ensuring consistency of the advocacy objectives and strategy adopted in the Vision 2050 and in individual areas of FuelsEurope’s advocacy activity;
- Report to the Policy Director for other tasks as requested.
- Education & Experience:
- You have a university degree as baccalaureate with significant field experience;
- You have a previous experience in the EU institutions or in an organisation working closely with EU institutions;
- You demonstrate your strong interest in EU institutions/policy making.
- Skills & Competencies:
- It is essential that you have a very good command of English (oral and written);
- You have a significant working experience (at least 10 years) in the oil refining and marketing business or the EU Institutions (in the energy and/or climate and/or environment areas);
- You have strong strategic skills, including the capability to translate a set of objectives into an effective, pragmatic, compelling and clearly laid-out strategy for advocacy;
- You have a strong interpersonal and networking skills for building contacts with key institutional stakeholders, Member Companies and the National Oil Industry Associations (NOIAs);
- You have a very good understanding of the structure of the EU institutions and the legislative processes;
- You are self-starter and autonomous in your work;
- You demonstrate flexibility and team spirit with good cultural sensitivity;
- You have the permit to work in the EU.
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter mentioning “FuelsEurope Advocacy strategy Manager” in the subject of your e-mail.
By applying for this vacancy, you agree that we use your personal data for recruitment purposes only.
All your private information will be deleted from our files after the recruitment process.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org