The Corporate, External, and Legal Affairs (CELA) Trade Team is responsible for ensuring compliance with federal and international Trade regulations.
The Risk Intelligence Group within the CELA Trade team ensures compliance with sanctions regulations imposed by the government(s) by conducting research, enhanced due diligence, and risk monitoring in the high-risk markets.
The Business & Operations Program manager within the Risk Intelligence Group will perform a dynamic mix of project management and process improvement in support of the Microsoft - CELA Trade team.
Role is based out of Microsoft Headquarters in Redmond, WA
- Support internal Microsoft teams with sanctions compliance and due-diligence by producing detailed analysis of Denied Parties Lists published by US, EU and other nations. Integrate such analysis into Microsoft customer screening tools.
- Enhance Microsoft's due-diligence process by developing data management and visualization tools, maintaining internal databases, identifying geopolitical, security and financial triggers, and forecasting indicators that may further impact trade, sales and business operations.
- Conduct research and analyze data utilizing all-source information, financial research tools and services, commercial databases, and Microsoft's internally available information.
- Deliver high-quality assessments and investigation reports to relevant business groups and organizations at Microsoft.
- Provide research and guidance support to other Microsoft organizations, as applicable
- Through either academic or work experience, have an understanding of high risk markets and their economic landscape and how certain companies and markets operate in those high risk regions
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations or in a related field.
- Advanced or fluent proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Russian, Chinese, Arabic, Farsi.
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated work experience in corporate due diligence and ownership research and program management
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org