IRI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization committed to advancing freedom and democracy worldwide by helping political parties to become more issue-based and responsive, assisting citizens to participate in government planning, and working to increase the role of marginalized groups in the political process – including women and youth.
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the core values in their day to day operations.
The Project Coordinator provides administrative and programmatic support for an IRI program in the Southeast Asia region. This position will provide support for a specific project and will therefore be temporary for a period of 18 months.
- Undergraduate degree in political science, international relations or related field.
- 2 – 3 years of experience in international development or related field, or graduate degree.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills.
- Experience with political analysis, media and communications and youth empowerment.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides support for baseline assessment, project implementation and activities conducted by sub-grantees in coordination with the Program Officer.
- Develops relationships with key groups and individuals working on youth political and civic empowerment.
- Assists in conceptualizing further work in the areas of youth political and civic empowerment.
- Provides support for translation of local language materials to inform political analyses and programmatic recommendations.
- Supports the Program Manager to implement grants and ensure grant compliance, including logistical support for program activities and events.
- Maintains an understanding of funder and IRI policies and procedures related to grant compliance and oversight.
- Stays up-to-date on relevant regional trends and Southeast Asia specific news and events.
- Tracks and follows-up on pending procurement requests, approvals and monitoring once approved.
- Tracks spending and regularly updates budget tracker; cross-references with PSR on monthly basis and interacts with appropriate Project Accountant and other Accounting staff.
- Assists in monitoring program activities related to the approved grant work plan.
- Support efforts to evaluate and uses information related to the approved grant work plan.
- Drafts quarterly, semi-annual, final and other relevant reports for funders.
- Participates in budget analysis on a regular basis.
- Contributes to and supports aspects of the proposal development process for new funding opportunities, including the development of new program ideas.
- Supports IRI’s communication strategy including IRI’s branding and outreach plans on projects assigned, including drafts and updates program summaries and other outreach materials, drafts web stories, tweets, etc.
- Travels as need for program support and implementation.
- Participates in cross-functional teams and initiatives.
- Supports Asia Division Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist with division-wide MEL supervision, including working with country program teams to develop MEL plans and ensure high-quality data collection.
- Engages regularly with IRI’s Office of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (OMEL), supporting institute-wide OMEL activities and sharing OMEL policies and skills with Asia Division team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org