As a member of our Fulbright communications team, the intern will support Fulbright social media efforts along with a variety of other communications activities. The ideal candidate possesses superior writing and editing skills, creativity, and Internet savviness who is keenly interested in the Middle East and North Africa region, international education and/or public diplomacy.
- Editing video interviews of current students and alumni
- Supporting the development and publishing of creative content for social media
- Assisting in the writing and editing of website content
- Editing and reworking blogs from students and alumni
- Assisting with designing social media graphics
- Maintaining the photo database
- Assisting with formatting of program materials and documents
- Updating contact lists and other databases such as the Fulbright Source
- Other administrative tasks as assigned
- Superior writing, editing, and research skills. Previous copy-editing skills desired
- Experience with video editing software such as Adobe Primer required
- Experience with Hootsuite, Facebook publishing and social media desired
- A self-starter and quick learner, capable of working independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated interest in the Middle East and North Africa region and/or international education
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Creative Suites such as photoshop.
- Background in video/photo editing, communications, international relations, global studies, and/or English preferred.
This is a paid internship that will be 24-32 hours a week.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org