Want to work directly with one of highest-profile public intellectuals in Washington as part of a small but dynamic team in a startup setting where you learn every single day? Care about the future of the Americas and would like to help create a more progressive and transparent business culture in the region?
If so, this position is for you.
The Group of Fifty is a 25 year-old network of forward-thinking Latin American CEOs committed to global leadership in both business and philanthropy. We’re seeking a full-time, well-organized, fully bilingual (Spanish/English) and hard-working Executive Assistant to directly support the Group’s Chairman in all day-to-day operations.
Bilingual English/Spanish Executive Assistant to the Chairman
- Act as a Gatekeeper to the Chairman, protecting his time from a relentless stream of outside demands on it.
- Function as a project manager for the Chairman, prioritizing conflicting needs and deadlines, following-through on important tasks, and ensuring that all deadlines are met
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Chairman including:
- arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and
- compiling documents for travel-related meetings
- managing an extremely active calendar of appointments;
- composing and preparing correspondence that is often confidential;
- Manage the Chairman’s professional and personal brand by implementing a communications strategy that includes updating his web presence on a daily basis (social media, personal website, web search content), and responding to media requests.
- Conduct research assignments
- Aid in editorial work for major publications on world affairs
- Edit, prepare, and occasionally translate documents, including confidential correspondence, external communications, and articles for publication.
- Implement and maintain procedures/administrative systems
- Manage expenses and invoices
- Manage databases and filing systems
- Provide support to other units of the organization leading up to the Annual Meeting
- Research and present detailed memos directly to Chairman prior to speaking engagements or media interviews,
- Help manage his personal relationships with a wide array of external personalities and organizations.
- Other miscellaneous tasks to support the Chairman
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish (candidates will be tested in both languages)
- Superb organizational skills, including thoroughness, attention to detail, efficient time management and ability to multitask
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and emotional maturity, ability to build relationships and handle stressful situations with tact and diplomacy
- Resourcefulness, professionalism, perseverance and the ability to work independently
- Discretion, as you will often handle confidential information
- The ability to be proactive and take initiative
- At least one year of previous work or internship experience in an office setting
- A completed bachelor’s degree
- A valid U.S. work permit is required
- Familiarity with and interest in international affairs, foreign policy and global business.
- Experience organizing high level meetings.
- Knowledge of Squarespace, Quickbooks, Salesforce and Mailchimp.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and interested parties are urged to apply as soon as possible. Please email a detailed cover letter and CV as a single PDF attachment.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org