Legal Support Team Manager. Berlin. Posting Date: 04/03/2019. Deadline: 04/22/2019Job Profile
The Team Manager is responsible for:
Candidate Profile Skills and Abilities
- Managing legal support staff based in multiple European locations, providing regular guidance, feedback and coaching
- Allocating tasks and coordinating staff to meet responsibilities, including review of staff work and management of workflows
- Project management related to processes, policies and other matters within the mandate of the global legal team
- Developing training materials, organizing and leading trainings, as needed
- Formulating and interpreting internal policy, and ensuring compliance with policy
- Building relationships across the OSF network and providing leadership for inter-departmental goals
- Developing budgets and forecasting
- Conducting team meetings and preparing reports to communicate the status of legal department operations
- Managing internal systems, databases, relevant procedures, work flow, and vendor relationships
- Responding to inquiries from within the OSF network, which may involve resolving complex requests, research, or determining the right attorney or other colleague to respond to the request
- Conducting research and analysis with the ability to consolidate research into concise, relevant material, including the ability to analyze and synthesize a high volume of complex data
- Reviewing legal documents, drafting legal agreements, and other legal documents with minimal supervision
- May assist with providing administrative support, as needed
- Experience managing staff
- Ability to work within a global team distributed across multiple locations
- Experience in managing complex projects
- Acute attention to detail
- Demonstrated interest in and aptitude for understanding legal concepts, with a preference for contract review and writing
- Familiarity with research and writing with a preference for legal research and analysis and/or compliance review
- Experience working with multiple clients to resolve complex problems, and interacting with high needs clients
- Understanding of cross-cultural sensitivity
- Being comfortable working independently and on a team
- Familiarity with data management software
- Familiarity with grant making a plus
- Advancing Diversity- encourages diversity of viewpoints and discussions, and building work groups that are broadly inclusive.
- Expertise-looks outside OSF to stay relevant and adapts to changes in field(s) of expertise. Uses external networks to achieve positive outcomes for OSF.
- Getting the Right Things Done- establishes goals, plans for contingencies, readjusts where appropriate, and takes responsibility for delivering outcomes that have a positive impact. Balances risk/reward, and intellectual curiosity with pragmatism to get things done.
- Working Well with OSF Colleagues- builds collaborative relationships inside OSF through the understanding and development of other's and own ideas. Uses appropriate means and tone of communication to convey messages, seeks input from others and ensures understanding.
- Working Well with Others- seeks to clarify, understand and exceed expectations of others to make a positive impact.
- Strategic Thinking- considers multiple options to achieve long-range goals, appropriately balancing risk and reward, selecting the best strategies for success.
- Leading Teams that Work- Develops direction and shared purpose. Builds a team through clear processes, communication, feedback, and expectation setting to ensure the accomplishment of goals
- Leading Teams that Grow- Diagnoses individual and team capability, acts as a coach, and champions talent management.
- Managing Time and Money- Makes the best possible judgments based on financial and time availability .
Please upload a cover letter and CV, ideally as one document.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent experience/education;
- 7 -10 years of progressively responsible experience in a situation relevant to the duties of this role is typically required to develop the skills required for this role.
- Advanced level of written and spoken English is required
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.