Vital Voices Global Partnership, a leading international non-governmental organization committed to advancing women's leadership in the areas of economic empowerment, human rights and political participation. Through our Economic Empowerment and Entrepreneurship (EEE) work, VVGP invests in women business leaders globally to strengthen their decision-making power, grow their businesses, and ultimately increase their positive impact on society. Our current portfolio of EEE programs include the VV GROW Fellowship, Global Ambassadors Program, the Fortune-U.S. Department of State Global Women’s Mentoring Partnership, the WE Empower UN SDG Challenge and the Crowd Machine-Vital Voices Women in Application Development Initiative. These programs provide individualized technical assistance, business and leadership training and support in building strategic partnerships, expanding access to networks and influencing stakeholders to address the gaps in women’s economic engagement around the world.
Working closely with the Vice President of Economic Empowerment and Entrepreneurship, the Senior Program Coordinator will work on two programs: the WEEmpower UN SDG Challenge and the Fortune - U.S. Department of State Global Women’s Mentoring Program.
The WE Empower UN SDG Challenge is a unique global business competition for women entrepreneurs who are advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals and inspiring entire communities to act to create the world we want by 2030. The WE Empower Challenge honors five women entrepreneurs, one from each of the five UN regions, who are advancing the SDGs through their business practices. The opportunity recognizes their innovative work, provides capacity-building training sessions and high-level advocacy opportunities to the awardees, and ignites awareness about the valuable contribution women entrepreneurs can make toward the SDGs.
The Fortune - U.S. Department of State Global Women's Mentoring Partnership is a public-private partnership between Fortune Most Powerful Women, the U.S. Department of State and Vital Voices Global Partnership. The program draws on the expertise of America’s most accomplished leaders to enhance the business and leadership skills of international women professionals and consists of a three-week domestic mentorship program and four-day international follow-up program.
WEEmpower Specific Responsibilities:
Program Development and Implementation
- Follow the established strategic vision to develop the program agenda, content and preparatory resources
- Assist with application design and dissemination
- Collaborate with trainers and speakers to create training content and facilitate sessions
- Coordinate all logistics with vendors, soliciting bids from vendors, negotiating terms and cost and ensuring quality control. Liaise with internal and external events staff to coordinate logistics and vendors.
- Manage staff and participant logistics including (but not limited to) booking flights, securing hotel rooms and assisting with visa applications
- Schedule, develop, record and share pre-program webinars
- Gather and disseminate essential programmatic and logistical briefing materials
Relationship Management and Communications
- Communicate with partners and program participants. Work with communications team to create media engagement for the program.
- Serve as the main point of contact for participants, staff, partners, vendors and consultants
- Maintain communication with alumnae via email and social media, and coordinate external communications via the program website
Finance and Administrative Support
- Manage daily financial and administrative tasks
- Process invoices, vendor payments, expense reports, contracts, and procurement requests
- Assist in tracking of program budgets
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Create a program evaluation survey, analyze results and write a final report to document findings and propose recommendations
Fortune Program Specific responsibilities:
- Assist with the coordination of the international airfare, lodging and airport transfers for program participants, staff and consultants
- Coordinate arrangements with vendors, such as ground transportation, tour companies and restaurants
- Develop and edit materials for the program
- Support execution of the Fortune - U.S. Department of State Global Women’s Mentoring Program in the United States and abroad.
- Take comprehensive notes and photos during the Fortune Program and International Alumnae Component, and utilizing social media, such as Facebook and Twitter, to document the experience
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in related field with strong interest in women's economic empowerment
- 2-4 years of related experience. Program/project management, facilitation and logistics experience required, including travel, accommodations, etc.
- High-energy, dedicated, and excited about working in a dynamic, fast-paced nonprofit organization
- Excellent organizational, administrative and time management skills with proven ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure while juggling multiple tasks and priorities
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, and as part of a dynamic team, and manage your time, with a commitment to seeing a project through to successful completion
- Innate attention to detail and keen editing skills
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and experience working with international populations and high-level stakeholders
- Advanced computer proficiency, including strong Excel, PowerPoint, and Survey Gizmo skills
- Proven ability to take the initiative in finding solutions to complex challenges
- Social media competency
- Basic monitoring and evaluation knowledge and experience a plus
- Positive attitude with a passion for women’s leadership
- A people-person who values building and maintaining relationships with diverse groups
- Appetite for learning and growth
- Must be able to travel within the United States and internationally. All travel and business-related expenses will be paid by Vital Voices.
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org