The role is a fixed term contract from 3rd June 2019 until 31st December 2019.
We are also open to applications on a consultant basis including full time or part time.
Please state clearly your expectations and any preference.
Closing Date: 26th April 2019
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
The International Relations team sits within the English Football Association’s International & Corporate Affairs division. The purpose is to maximise the EFA’s presence on the international stage, building relationships within FIFA, UEFA, the confederations and fellow national associations, developing strategic partnerships and sharing best practice, and engaging in projects with international partners to drive social change through football. The IR team plays a supporting role to the FA leadership operating at FIFA & UEFA level, to the England teams competing in tournaments, and to the FA events team in delivering international events and competitions in England.
This new role requires carving out and delivering new engagement programmes across the confederations, using existing experience of working in international football. It requires confidence in working with and for leadership teams, and an ability to think and work strategically, deliver projects overseas and build a network of contacts across the national associations. The role is envisaged as Wembley based with overseas travel.
- Work with the ICA Director and IR Team to help develop strategies for working in the continental confederations, and taking responsibility for growing partnerships as directed in specified regions and countries.
- Develop and deliver projects in those areas in line with the IR team’s drive to build important relationships across the confederations. Projects will range from, for example, organising training courses, such as coaching courses (eg: women/men/disability) to knowledge-sharing visits on a range of topics by English FA representatives as well as arranging inbound visits from overseas FAs and delegations.
- Liaise and collaborate with both external and internal stakeholders, which will include FIFA, the confederations, overseas national associations, experts required for knowledge-sharing activity, the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and NGOs involved in international development.
- Operational delivery of the programmes you initiate, drawing support from the wider IR team where appropriate.
- Ensure all programmes are delivered to time and to budget, and in line with FA / IR Strategy.
- Develop a network of contacts within the confederations and their national associations, liaising with others (such as FIFA/UEFA) as appropriate.
- Build an internal FA profile to involve relevant colleagues/departments as required in the delivery of activities.
- Effectively manage internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience in international football, notably familiarity with the workings of FIFA and the confederations, and an understanding of the international football-political landscape
- An existing network of contacts in football
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Excellent project management skills - logical, organised, thorough, reliable and methodical
- Hands-on event management and delivery experience
- High standard of writing & communication skills
- First class interpersonal skills, able to communicate at all levels and build partnerships
- Foreign language skills
- Experience of working within a national or international governing body
- Experience of working in an international environment
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org