Highlight Technologies is seeking a detail-oriented Communication Specialist to provide high-level technical support to USAID’s Bureau for Policy, Planning and Learning (PPL), which develops the policies and strategies that guide USAID’s worldwide mission to support countries on their Journey to Self-Reliance.
As a Communications Specialist, you will a focus on communication product design and execution, and will provide technical support to the Transformation Task Team (T3) and Bureau for Policy, Planning and Learning’s (PPL) Communications Teams. You will support or lead in the design, editing, and production of a variety of communication tools including infographics, fact sheets, palm cards, presentations, reports, posters, websites, and graphics for Transformation, Bureau and Agency-wide products.
Additionally, you will report to the T3 Communications Lead for day to day guidance, primarily supporting T3, and serve as part of the PPL Communications Team. Both T3 and the PPL Communications Team are small teams that require all members to work on all aspects of team priorities to fulfill team objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, design, and produce communications products that support USAID’s Transformation, Bureau and Agency objectives.
- Conceptualize, produce, and edit various communications products, including factsheets, infographics, palm cards, presentations, website content and development, posters, newsletters, and other documents in support of T3 communications efforts.
- Work with USAID’s Legislative and Public Affairs (LPA), when necessary, on content development.
- Contribute to content on T3 and PPL’s external and internal website pages in collaboration with T3 and PPL communications and office staff.
- Coordinate content and submissions to T3, PPL and Agency publications and newsletters, including Transformers, Leading for Impact, the Front Page, Medium Blog, and others.
- Provide input and proactive suggestions to enhance strategic communications.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Current Secret clearance required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to international development, international relations, public administration, legislative affairs, communications, design, journalism, etc.
- Five (5) years of experience. Minimum two (2) years of relevant professional experience in communications, preferably in international development, working with a U.S. Government agency, an international organization, or non- governmental organization.
- Design experience is required, preferably with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign).
- Extensive knowledge and experience using graphic design software, including Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign) and Photoshop, and/or other software required.
- Proven experience in developing communication products in a variety of tools including Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign), Canva, Constant Contact, Google suite, Microsoft suite, Photoshop, and other commercial design products.
- Knowledge of and experience with the international development community, including think tanks, development partners, and academic communities.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team.
- Must be able to plan, organize, and use time effectively. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work within tight deadlines.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience developing and posting website content and posting social media content.
- Video editing skills preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of international development issues; knowledge of the organization and operations of USAID is a plus.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org