LINC is seeking a Program Associate with at least 3 years of prior backstopping experience on donor funded projects, preferably USAID. The Program Associate provides support on all financial, contractual and programmatic works associated with LINC’s diverse and growing program portfolio. Backstopping responsibilities include supporting periodic program and financial project reporting, consultant communications and coordination, and contract management and oversight. This position is a part of LINC’s program management team, reporting directly to the Program Manager, and is based in Washington, DC.
Responsibilities: LINC’s dynamic environment requires the successful candidate to be highly motivated and flexible, able to achieve goals and advance activities with minimal oversight. Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Supports drafting and copy editing of project reports and other deliverables;
- Coordinates internally among multiple staff members to produce and update communications and content for a specific project portfolios.
- Works with the Program Manager to support measurement, documentation and assessment of project-level monitoring and evaluation;
- Supports monitoring program budgets and reconciling field office expenditures, invoices, and monthly advances, as well as consultant invoices;
- Supports project consultants by developing and monitoring agreements, and ensuring high quality timely delivery of requirements;
- Supports consultant, sub-grant, and subcontract management and oversight;
- Supports the development of scopes of work for short-term assistance and other technical contributions;
- Maintains tracker of all personnel (including long-term and short-term consultants), project reports, and deliverables.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required that may include administrative and project management tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, international relations, business administration, or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with donor-funded activities; familiarity with USAID priorities and programming is preferred.
- Experience supporting USAID programs or knowledge of USAID rules and regulations required;
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills,
- Strong aptitude in written correspondence and report writing, excellent presentation and oral communication skills;
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize;
Additional desired skills and qualifications:
- Experience living and/or working in developing countries;
- Fluency in Spanish, French, and/or Arabic
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org