Network Systems Coordinator Position - Location Washington DC
- Do you want to use your administrative savvy at a non-profit organization?
- Are you extremely organized and enthusiastic about getting the details right?
- Are you passionate about climate change issues?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, and you are looking for a long-term administrative role, then this entry-level, Network Systems Coordinator Position at The US Climate Action Network (USCAN) might be the right fit for you!
Job Description: USCAN seeks a highly organized individual to join our team. This person will be primarily responsible for providing direct administrative support to the Executive Director and the Network Systems Senior Director. A typical day involves scheduling meetings, office administration, and data entry. Agility and a flexible mindset are essential along with a positive can-do attitude and a ability for seeing issues and a love for fixing them. This person helps to keep the organization running smoothly and plays a very important role at USCAN.
- Provides administrative support for the Executive Director such as coordinating and scheduling conference calls, meetings, webinars, travel, and events
- Creates communication resources such as bi-monthly newsletter, weekly update, and year round communications emails. (i.e. at the Annual Meeting)
- Supports Action Teams and committees led by Executive Director and/or Systems Senior Director
- Supports event logistics for Action Teams, working with all USCAN staff as needed
- Manages database (NationBuilder) to include website updates, member management, fundraising and development data, processes Network Systems Request tracker requests, Voting Participant management, survey data, membership billing documentation and support, etc.
- Manages Network Metrics and provides reports quarterly to board and staff
- Coordinates and cross trains with engagement coordinator through monthly check ins to ensure efficiencies between each team
- Under the direction of the Network Systems Director, manages office and facility coordination
- Annual Meeting logistics- notes, registration, set up and clean up, logistics, organization, flow, member resource for help, etc.
- Creates annual calendar for all major network functions (e.g. annual meeting, annual surveys, user group start up, etc.)
- Report to the Network Systems Director or the Network Executive Director.
- Working closely with staff to connect members to opportunities, resources, media requests, and staff members
- Facilitates and takes ownership of the CLEAN call including: sending reminder emails, recruiting member presentations, managing presenters, and recruits for diversity
- Network Assistants typically have 1-3 years of professional experience.
Desired Skills, Traits & Experience:
- Excellent organizational skills with the capacity to determine and execute on priorities in a timely manner
- Experience working with NationBuilder a plus or other CRM
- Experience supporting large events
- Must have experience using Google Drive effectively
- Collaborative, team-oriented, and a positive, friendly, professional workplace demeanor balanced with appropriate assertiveness necessary to be effective
- Passionate about/interested in environmental issues
- Thrives working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where change is a constant
- Experience in editing, and proofreading
- Experience organizing time and managing diverse activities to meet deadlines
- Experience working and communicating with a wide range of people
- Proactive in searching and learning new systems, ability to be self taught and self sufficient
USCAN offers egalitarian workplace where perseverance, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. We offer a robust benefits and vacation package. Position starts ASAP.
Applicants should submit a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for this position and desired salary, along with a resume, professional references and voluntary biographical information you would like to provide via email to [email protected] Subject Line: 'First Name Last Name, USCAN Network Systems Coordinator’. Voluntary biographical information provided will not be used in favor of or against your application. This voluntary information could include: pronouns, race, gender, or economic background. We are looking to hire immediately; we will be accepting applications until the position is filled. No inquiries by phone, please.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org