Banyan Global, a woman-owned international development consulting firm, is recruiting for a full-time Gender Specialist. This position is responsible for providing technical and operational support for a portfolio of gender projects, new business development, and providing technical assistance related to gender equality and women’s empowerment integration. This position is based in Washington, DC with travel abroad.
- Supporting the design and implementation of USAID gender analyses.
- Providing background technical support on gender analyses, assessments and surveys, and other gender-related research.
- Supervising gender and youth integration projects and overseeing field staff.
- Providing capacity building support on gender and youth to project staff.
- Designing and implementing technical gender trainings.
- Supporting the USAID ADVANTAGE IDIQ Gender Integration Technical Assistance Task Order, including the provision of technical inputs into deliverables and the recruitment, hiring and provision of operational support to consultants.
- Recruiting and managing consultants that support the gender practice.
- Supporting the submission of deliverables for the gender practice.
- Supporting new business development for the gender practice.
- Travelling abroad for up to 3 weeks on technical assignments.
- Writing project reports and preparing internal documentation as required.
- At least 4 years of experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment in international development or a related field.
- Experience working on gender technical assignments, including gender analyses and assessments.
- A solid understanding of key gender equality considerations and approaches in at least 2 sectors, such as economic growth, education, health, democracy and governance, agriculture, food security and nutrition, resilience, water sanitation and hygiene, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of USAID’s gender policy and programming.
- Experience managing teams, projects and remote management.
- Experience in proposal writing, proposal management, teaming, and the overall bid process.
- Experience working with USAID, governments and donor agencies.
- Capacity to work effectively in different cultures.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Working proficiency in Spanish or French.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org