The MENA Project Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of WILPF projects with partners in the region. She will lead on the coordination with partners on all issues related to granting, contracts, activity implementation and finance. She will be the focal point with WILPF Admin and Finance teams and ensure ongoing coordination and compliance.
Reporting to: MENA Director
1. Project and partners coordination
- Coordinate the grant making process, including liaising with WILPF finance and admin teams and partners on contracting, transfer of funds and financial reporting.
- Support the development of workplans with partners and ensure accurate implementation of activities and fulfillment of commitments.
- Ensure compliance with WILPF’s Financial Manual as well as administrative and recordkeeping guidelines.
- Support partners in activity implementation including attending activities in the region when needed, liaise with other WILPF Programmes and provide supporting tools when needed.
2. Event coordination and logistics
- Provide workplans for each project and provide regular update and assessment of progress made.
- Oversee the arrangement of all coordination and movement building meetings including all logistical arrangements.
3. Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Providethorough monitoring for all project activities in accordance with the MENA tracking tools.
- Run learning activities and session both internally and externally in coordination with the MEL advisor and in line with WILPF MEL Framework.
- Monitor budget and provide financial reporting for each project.
- Draft donor reports and contribute to the MENA programme reporting process.
- Draft case studies and lessons learned.
4. Internal Coordination
- Coordinate closely with the MENA team, MEL advisors and other WILPF staff, including attending monthly staff meetings and weekly MENA meetings.
- Coordinate with partners (in Arabic and English), other INGOs, as well as with WILPF programmes on issues related to project implementation.
- Review outgoing contracts in collaboration with the International Office Manager.
- Liaise with international, regional, and local organisations and stakeholders on issues related to joint activities and movement building and represent WILPF at national and international meetings.
- Coordinating the outsourcing of external advisors, including drafting contracts and following up on deliverables, payments and MEL.
- Manage MENA project interns and support their professional development.
5. Other:Carry out other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated commitment to WILPF’s values, feminist, peace, gender equality.
- Established project management experience in non-profit settings.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Innovative and able to work independently, willing to learn, open minded, flexible
- Ability to travel
Education and Experience:
- An advanced (graduate) degree in gender, human rights, international relations, journalism, law, social science or a related field is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience and substantial knowledge of the area.
- A project management qualification is a plus.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
Reporting lines: MENA Director
Duration: Temporary contract for one year
Activity rate: 100%
Based in: Geneva, Switzerland
Annual Salary: Based on experience and qualifications (CHF 60’000-CHF 70’000)
Start date: as soon as possible
Deadline for application: 14 July
Please submit your CV and cover letter with “Application for MENA Project Coordinator position” in the subject for consideration.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org