Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Sustainable Directorate, the duties of the Assistant Director/Head of DMHA is listed below, but not limited to:
Provide policy coordination and technical support
- Coordinate the development of policy papers, such as sectoral work programmes and agreements;
- Coordinate preparation of documents, such as agenda, discussion papers, concept papers, communication materials, meeting reports, and monitor follow-up actions to decisions and agreements made at ASEAN meetings;
- Serve as resource person and facilitate the discussions at meetings of relevant ASEAN sectoral bodies as well as at meetings with other organisations and partners;
- Develop strategic inputs on current and emerging issues in the area of disaster management and humanitarian assistance from regional as well as global perspectives;
- Assist the Director to facilitate cross-sectoral discussions and cooperation with other divisions and directorates in the ASEAN Secretariat and with other sectors and pillars in ASEAN.
Manage the development, implementation and evaluation of projects and programmes
- Conceptualise and manage projects and programmes, including preparation and presentation of concept papers and proposals at ACDM, ACDM WGs meetings and other related meetings;
- Manage appraisal and approval process of proposals related to the implementation of AADMER Work Programme;
- Coordinate monitoring and evaluation of projects and programmes under the AADMER Work Programme to ensure effectiveness of the implementation, and provide necessary inputs and recommendations;
- Coordinate preparation of progress reports as well as updates on the implementation status of the projects;
- Work with project proponents, relevant working groups, lead shepherd countries, project management teams as well as ASEAN Dialogue Partners and partners to ensure effective and timely implementation.
Manage partnership & coordinate resource mobilisation efforts
- Identify potential areas for cooperation and the required resources to ensure effective implementation of AADMER and its Work Programmes, and other humanitarian actions as per guidance of ASEAN Leaders;
- Develop a resource mobilisation strategy and coordinate the implementation of the strategy to ensure sustainable financing for the implementation of AADMER Work Programme and humanitarian actions;
- Liaise with the ASEAN Dialogue Partners and other partners, such as the UN, Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, civil society, academe, private sector as well as donor agencies to generate their support and interest for the implementation of AADMER and its Work Programme;
- Coordinate multi-sectoral and multi-stakeholder partnership meetings and workshops to promote partnership and generate support in the implementation of AADMER Work Programme;
- Monitor and administer funds under the AADMER.
Build awareness on ASEAN on Disaster Management
- Support and provide inputs for the production and dissemination of information on ASEAN’s efforts and activities on disaster management and humanitarian assistance, including the implementation of the One ASEAN, One Response Declaration, AADMER Work Programme, ASEAN collective efforts to address humanitarian situations, and other joint activities to address global commitments, through the ASEAN websites, ASEAN statements, and other means to raise the profile and visibility of ASEAN;
- Plan and coordinate events to build awareness and promote ASEAN activities on disaster management and humanitarian assistance, including the AADMER Work Programmes, and ASEAN’s cooperation activities with Dialogue Partners, international/regional organisations, and other stakeholders.
Manage the planning, reporting and monitoring of operational activities of the Division
- Plan the Division’s work plans and activities, assign work priorities and be responsible for the quality of work outputs of the Division;
- Monitor the Division’s work plans, and maintain records of the progress of the work plan’s implementation and achievements;
- Provide guidance and direction for the staff on professional matters;
- Foster teamwork and collaboration within the Division;
- Manage all resources, including financial and human resources for the Division;
- Participate in and contribute to divisional, directorate and department management meetings;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Director and the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN for ASCC.
Qualifications and experience:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent degree) in relevant disciplines, such as public policy, international relations, business management, environmental studies and economics;
- Extensive supervisory experience with a minimum six (6) years of experience in a senior management position;
- Proven exposure in dealing with a wide spectrum of areas in disaster management and development cooperation (policies, trends, issues and development), preferably in a regional and international context;
- Demonstrated experience in public policy development, project management and negotiation, and in working closely with senior government officials;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain sound working relationships with public and private sector organisations and other stakeholders;
- Sound understanding of international and regional issues, and knowledge of and commitment to ASEAN’s ideals;
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organise tasks and work flows, with proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines;
- Sound corporate (financial and human resources) and strategic planning skills;
- Proven skills in problem solving in a complex organisational environment;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate staff in a complex work environment, and to work harmoniously in a team environment and with diverse groups of individuals in cross-cultural environment and international settings;
- High integrity and conscientiousness, and ability to project professionalism;
- Competency in computer skills with adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook where relevant to the position;
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org