Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
The primary function of the CGSS and BD Associate is to provide general business development support and proposal management in support of the Implementation and Management Solutions (IMS) Division of Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis). The role would also support the Center for Global Security with administrative needs of the Center. The selected candidate will work collaboratively with Dexis support units, partners, contracts, finance, and HR/Recruiting. The selected candidate is expected to communicate clearly and courteously, and to develop and maintain positive relationships both internally and externally.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Center for Global Security and Stabilization (50%)
- Perform administrative functions for Center including travel support; meeting organization, facilitation, and notetaking; recordkeeping and filing; and other administrative duties as required.
- Identifies key events on relevant technical topics for Dexis’ participation as it relates to potential BD opportunities and share with Department directors
- Tracks current stabilization and security programs implemented by competitors to monitor end dates, new contract/grants awards, and add to the project tracker for potential follow-ons.
- Shares news and updates on stabilization and global security trends as it relates to tracked regions/opportunities in Salesforce.
- Assists in identifying potential partners and meets with potential partners to discuss capabilities and determine value of teaming on future bids.
- Helps plan and facilitate internal and external events.
- Helps maintain the CGSS website.
- Drafts written products for external audience
- Completes tasks requested by the CGSS group and track progress from other participants to ensure completion.
- Other duties as assigned.
Business Development & Proposal Support (50%)
- Monitor news sites and other sources for timely strategic information to be shared with Dexis leadership.
- Assist with research and analysis of business opportunities, target countries, clients, partners, and competitors.
- Support the entire lifecycle of new business development from capture support and bid tracking to proposal development, submission, and follow-up on a portfolio of opportunities.
- Contribute to business development systems, tools, and process improvement initiatives as needed.
- Perform administrative functions for team including travel support; meeting organization, facilitation, and notetaking; recordkeeping and filing; and other administrative duties as required
- Support proposal teams, including coordinating proposal team and consultant logistics, writing and editing CVs, developing technical assistance matrices, coordinating proposal partner inputs, conducting research, and drafting written proposal pieces.
- Support proposal development in response to requests for proposals, including those for field-based projects and large global opportunities such as IDIQs. This will involve management of proposal teams, calendars, and deadlines; strategy development with technical staff; partner identification and negotiations; recruiting; writing; production; and after-action reviews.
- Assist with desk research, proposal recruitment, CV formatting, proposal development, review, editing, and other tasks as needed.
- As needed, assist with drafting technical response, management plan, budgets and cost notes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in business, finance, international relations, public health, or related field required.
- 1-3 years of years of work experience in international development or other relevant fields
- Significant experience and a successful track record in business development with USAID as well as other US government agencies and offices required.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated prioritization, organization, planning, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn new audiences quickly and identify new opportunities for business, non-traditional partners, and next generation technical strategies
- Excellent writing, editing, communication and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely and to write for diverse audiences.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure with diverse teams and manage production schedules
- Skills in Microsoft Office, particularly in Word (advanced document formatting).
- Experience contributing to major bid proposals in the governance, stabilization, countering violent extremism sectors.
- Proficiency in French or Spanish.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and GovWin.
- Total commitment to Dexis' core values, mission, and objectives.
- Able to take initiative and/or independently respond to situations.
- Superior attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
- Proven effective communication skills with managers, colleagues, partners, and clients.
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands.
- Professional and mature demeanor and conduct, especially during interactions with the client and its constituents.
- Sound judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Highly self-motivated with demonstrated ability to be proactive and work independently.
- Able to translate organizational priorities into actionable processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org