BRAC’s Ultra-Poor Graduation Initiative (UPGI) seeks a highly motivated and entrepreneurial candidate to help grow our advocacy, partnerships and public outreach and advance our mission. We are looking for an agile, strategic thinker who is a fast learner, intellectually curious and creative with strong work experience in program-based advocacy and a commitment to social justice.
The Advocacy Manager will report directly to the Managing Director of UPGI and will join a leadership team for the growing UPGI. We are a small and mighty team with a roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-things-done work ethic. The Advocacy Manager will be responsible for supporting the Managing Director in executing the global advocacy strategy. S/he will be responsible for cultivating and managing key relationships and promoting BRAC UPGI through partnerships, events, coalition building and representation.
Promotion and advocacy of BRAC UPGI work:
● Develop and execute outreach and advocacy strategies for BRAC UPGI and work across BRAC entities to conduct ongoing stakeholder engagement with individuals through various channels.
● Develop and maintain partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders (including with government and civil society organizations, philanthropic organizations, innovators, and research institutions, among others).
● Represent UPGI at external events and in meetings with high-level targeted stakeholders.
Support cultivation of institutional partners:
● Assist with cultivation of donors and fundraising proposals for grant opportunities that contain a significant advocacy, communications or marketing component.
● Work closely with program teams to ensure strong relationships with institutional partners and delivery of advocacy reporting requirements.
The candidate for Advocacy Manager should have a deep and long-standing commitment to international development, economic empowerment and advocacy.
Additionally, s/he will have the following attributes:
Education: Bachelor's degree in international relations, government, journalism, law, social sciences or a related field.
Experience: A minimum of 10 years of relevant international experience and extensive experience in international development and/or advocacy/media or partnerships.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
● Excellent and proven knowledge of the political, media and development landscape.
● Fluency in English with excellent public speaking and writing skills. Excellent speaking and writing skills in other languages are desirable.
● Knowledge of and experience working in international development, as well as experience working alongside government agencies and policymakers.
● Ability to follow numerous technical international development issues in a rigorous and nuanced manner.
● Ability to think strategically and solid understanding of how to implement successful advocacy for policy change.
● Ability to integrate with communications and program teams.
● Experience working with other NGOs on joint advocacy strategies is preferred.
● Experience working in development programming or prior experience working with BRAC or a similar multi-faceted organization is preferred.
● Demonstrated ability to work within a geographically dispersed team.
Applications received before August 16, 2019 are preferred and the position is open until filled.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org