Ecorys’ Brussels office is the hub of our European work providing research, consultancy, programme management and communications services to European institutions and agencies. We have passionate teams working on meaningful policies that have an impact on people’s lives across Europe and beyond. We are a highly international, socially responsible and employee-owned organisation. As we celebrate our 90th anniversary, we are proud, and more than ever determined to help our clients address key societal challenges.
We are currently looking for an experienced colleague to join us as “Head of Events” to lead our events team and comprehensive portfolio of events ranging from conferences, seminars and workshops to exhibitions, receptions, dinners and corporate events. Our events are usually attended by high-level officials (i.e. Commissioners, ministers, ambassadors, etc.), journalists, representatives from public and private sectors, and the wider public.
The Head of Events will work with communications, policy and research staff across Ecorys offices, and be responsible for the following:
- Leading a high-performing team of six, championing relevant best practices and innovation across the team and wider company;
- Developing detailed, fully-costed proposals for new tenders and ongoing contracts;
- Promoting and overseeing a data-driven approach with clear KPIs and measurement plans;
- Managing and maintaining strong client relations, presenting event concepts, proposals and reports at meetings;
- Effectively managing relations with external associates, partners and subcontractors; ensuring high-quality delivery at all times.
- Managing and evaluating the delivery of a wide range of international events across Europe and beyond from A to Z: full logistics, relations with internal/external stakeholders (speakers, organisers, communications colleagues, agencies, etc.), communication activities and materials, follow-up, etc.
- Ensuring sound financial management, adhering to agreed budgets, timely input of timesheets and invoices;
- Ensuring that all events for the EU clients comply with EU visibility rules;
- Coaching the team, proactively identifying skills gaps and providing developmental experiences that will enable team members to grow their expertise;
- Contributing to the overall management and corporate activities, as required.
- University degree in communications, international affairs, public relations or other relevant field;
- Excellent command of both English and French; additional language skills would be an asset;
- Extensive experience of organising large scale international events from strategy and planning to execution and evaluation;
- Strong track record of working with EU institutions as clients;
- Significant experience in the development and management of a team, ability to demonstrate success in supporting and coaching team members to expand experience and skills;
- Significant experience in developing and successfully managing budgets; Excellent coordination and organisational skills with a high degree of accuracy and eye for detail;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Proven experience of working and leading a team under pressure;
- Ability and flexibility to travel internationally (mainly across Europe, on average once or twice a month);
- Ability to work in international, multi-cultural settings, and foster relations with colleagues, partners, clients and stakeholders.
- This is a full time and permanent post under Belgian law and based in the Ecorys Brussels office.
- Competitive remuneration package dependent on experience and expertise in senior consultant grade.
- The post holder will be entitled to 27 days of paid annual leave in addition to 10 days of bank holiday.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org