We are looking for a Senior Technical Advisor, FP/RH who is a strategic leader and is passionate about improving the lives of women and their families to provide FP/RH technical assistance and strategic guidance to MOMENTUM Round 2B. S/he is someone who is comfortable facilitating a meeting with USAID staff and other implementing partners, and equally capable of helping a country team with all the technicalities and bureaucracy of good project management – we want someone who is able and happy to do both! We want someone who can roll up their sleeves to make things happen, manage multiple and competing priorities, enjoy their work, and liaise diplomatically and effectively with many types of stakeholders. You’ll also have the professional and emotional maturity to interact with diverse teams, manage complex FP and sexual health technical issues and represent PSI.
You will work closely with the Project Director, members of the MOMENTUM team, members of PSI’s FP/RH department, the Program Management Teams, PSI’s Global Medical Director, other technical departments and partners, and country offices to shape the delivery of MOMENTUM Round 2B and its contribution to PSI’s wider FP/RH strategy.
More specifically, you will:
- Design, oversee, and manage a selection of MOMENTUM 2B interventions, including provision of financial, contractual, and technical oversight in close coordination with the Project Director.
- Provide remote and in-country technical assistance to build the capacity of PSI in-country teams to effectively deliver results on MOMENTUM Round 2B.
- Work closely with the team to manage the project’s core workplan, including setting technical direction, tracking that activities are delivered on time and on budget, and supporting communication of project achievements to USAID and other key stakeholders.
- Provide programmatic reporting and technical representation for MOMENTUM Round 2B focusing on modern contraception and private sector engagement.
- Identify and disseminate technical learnings to key stakeholders at international, regional, and country levels, and lead on content development, delivery of PSI’s technical content (in conjunction with other team members), and collaboration with other USAID implementing partners focused on priority FP/RH topics.
- Support the production and dissemination of externally-facing FP/RH technical products by identifying and writing technical and programmatic briefs as appropriate and disseminating and promoting sharing of FP/RH information and initiatives through relevant channels.
- Assist in the development of 'Market Landscaping Analyses' for FP/RH programs and contraceptive security initiatives in collaboration with relevant departments such as Global Marketing.
- Support the program in strengthening its contributions to national and global advocacy initiatives.
- Represent the program’s FP/RH work externally as needed through partner and donor meetings, conferences, dissemination of case studies, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Project Director.
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
- Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
- Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
- Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
- Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
- Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
- You have a Master’s degree or higher in relevant subject areas.
- You have 10+ years of professional experience, with at least 2 years of overseas work experience in implementing family planning programs.
- You are fluent in English and French language skills are a big plus.
- You have experience implementing programs funded by USAID.
- You have strong facilitation, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- You are organized, have strong communication skills and can manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- You are willing to travel and get work done in hard places such as Liberia or Mali.
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What would get us excited?
- FP/RH Service Delivery Knowledge: You have managed LARC service delivery programs and have a keen sense of what is needed to ensure high quality, productive programs.
- Private Sector Engagement Experience: You have worked with a wide array of private sector actors in the delivery of contraceptive products and services. You have an understanding of market dynamics and developing programs in mixed market systems.
- A problem solver. You are able to quickly diagnose problems and propose practical solutions in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Team player: You are nice to work with, can take the highs and the lows, you enjoy the job and are a more of glass half full than glass half empty kind of person, an attitude that helps if we are to succeed in the complex environments we work in (in exchange we aim to be the same for you!).
- And a good writer. We really appreciate good writers!
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org