VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
Working within the Business Development Team, provide lead donor specialism on a range of US and North America based bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors and institutions, including provision of donor intelligence and landscape mapping to enable VSO to position itself for and secure high value new business opportunities to grow VSO’s global programme portfolio.
Skills, qualifications and experience
Essential Skills Required:
- Excellent knowledge of a range of bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors (esp. USAID, WB, etc) and global foundations, their priorities and ways of working
- Proven ability to identify and analyse new business opportunities and then lead in pre-positioning and response
- Proven success in securing high value funding – including grants, cooperative agreements and commercial service contracts
- Demonstrable experience of relationship building including ability to take the initiative in seeking and following up on prospects
- Experience of negotiating with international implementing partners in consortia in response to funding calls
- Able to analyse, prioritize and strategize donor information, feeding back on proposals, and advising/reporting to senior staff
- Able to influence and convince colleagues on how/when to approach relevant donors
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; experience in developing and delivering training and workshops
- Excellent organisation skills and strong ability to effectively operate under high pressure environments and to tight deadlines
- Relevant post-graduate qualification or its equivalent
- Significant business development experience in a development context
- Experience of living and working internationally required
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly – up to 25% of time
Progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org